Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    NewYorker, that URL is incorrect. It has to end in .pls or it won't work.
    Ok, thanks Sue. So I guess another try at Bloomberg Radio bites the dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker545 View Post
    I know this was tried in the past, but can the new versions of Pocket Tunes or Kinoma player play Bloomberg Radio (WBBR AM radio)? I also tried accessing the stream through www.thestreamcenter.com. It launches the embedded Kinoma player, but I get the dreaded "unsupported audio format".
    Unfortunately Bloomberg Radio uses an antiquated/obsolete audio codec called "Windows Media Audio Voice", which isn't supported on any Palm player that I'm aware of.

Please report this to Bloomberg Radio as a problem. I've done this, but they want and need to hear from listeners, too.

Also, tomorrow I'll post instructions to our blog that will let you stream Bloomberg Radio to Kinoma Player using your PC as an intermediary.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Thanks, Charles. Looking forward to trying that out.
    What was the answer on playing Sirius on the Centro?

I have a new Centro coming this week and have a Sirius connection. It would be nice to listen to Sirius on the phone. I am paying for the service, might as well use it where ever I can.

I have the Kinoma player that I do not use on my Treo 650 because of the slow connection is unable to work. I also have P Tunes Deluxe on the Treo. P Tunes works good on the Treo, plays internet radio and listen to podcasts.

I will transfer both to the Centro if possible.
    It looks like you need a Sirius cell phone plan in addition to your radio and or Internet. I was ticked when I saw that since I thought that was the idea. I guess they need it to buy XM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker545 View Post
    Looking forward to trying that out.
    Listen to Bloomberg Radio with Kinoma Player is now posted at blog.kinoma.com.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    This question is specifically for Charles...Can Kinoma be accessed independently on the Centro maybe for streaming video? I know it's in the RAM but I thought Palm would put an icon in the display for us. Also thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I hated the fact that the screen wouldn't turn off with Kinoma but I just downloaded the PTunes upgrade and voila!, problem solved. Great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    I got it to work on my Centro! Many thanks! Finally I can stop carrying my AM radio around and just use my phone.
    Last edited by NewYorker545; 12/12/2007 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm View Post
    This question is specifically for Charles...Can Kinoma be accessed independently on the Centro maybe for streaming video?
    Kinoma Player can be launched normally.

Kinoma Media Embedded is really just a helper app, which is why Palm didn't make it launchable via its own icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm View Post
    I hated the fact that the screen wouldn't turn off with Kinoma...
    With Kinoma Player, you set your "screen off" preference to 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds or Never in General Preferences.

If Kinoma Player can't shut off the screen, the cause is typically other software that mucks with normal Palm OS power management.

If you ever figure out the root cause (for example, if this Kinoma Player feature works after you upgraded pTunes) we'd really appreciate if you could let us know.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I upgraded my xv6700 with the new download for bluetooth stereo and now I can't listen to XSTREAMXM anymore. It keeps trying to open the wmp but just keeps trying to restart .Can anyone help with this? Verizon blocked this on the new software and I miss my xm which i have been listening to for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Kinoma Player can be launched normally.

Kinoma Media Embedded is really just a helper app, which is why Palm didn't make it launchable via its own icon.

With Kinoma Player, you set your "screen off" preference to 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds or Never in General Preferences.

If Kinoma Player can't shut off the screen, the cause is typically other software that mucks with normal Palm OS power management.

If you ever figure out the root cause (for example, if this Kinoma Player feature works after you upgraded pTunes) we'd really appreciate if you could let us know.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    is there a way in ptunes to play local radio stations like u can in kinoma... i cant find the NY stations like hot 97, z100, ktu .. i can find them in kinoma but not in ptunes
    Go to the web site www.tuned.mobi on your Treo/Centro and look up your favorite station. If they stream it in something other than WMP, just click the link and it will open up in ptunes and stream for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Go to the web site www.tuned.mobi on your Treo/Centro and look up your favorite station. If they stream it in something other than WMP, just click the link and it will open up in ptunes and stream for you.
    This just takes you to The Stream Center (at least US does).
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    This just takes you to The Stream Center (at least US does).
    Correct. So you can search for your radio station and click on an MP3 link to open the stream in ptunes (if you have ptunes set up to be the default player).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123