1.    #1  
    Is it possible to get Sprint Mobile Email to stop check the account that I set up? It will not let me delete the account. I do not want to completely delete the program just in case some miracle happens and someone figures out a way to get it to work with gmail properly. I dont like the fact that it show 'old' msgs as new, and doesn't delete them from my gmail account if done from Sprint Mobile Email.
    I noticed the same thing when I tried to delete accounts. I gave up and deleted the program. It's safe to do...it still keeps the icon and when you select it, it still brings up the download now option again should you want to try it again.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    You have to do it individually for each account.

first you have to get into the account, then use the menu to get to the preference. it always starts with "Mail", but you can tap on it and you should see a pull down menu. Select "Schedule", unselect both check boxes and you are done. The program will connect to the server to make the change effective.

You then have to do the same for all your other account.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    You have to do it individually for each account.

first you have to get into the account, then use the menu to get to the preference. it always starts with "Mail", but you can tap on it and you should see a pull down menu. Select "Schedule", unselect both check boxes and you are done. The program will connect to the server to make the change effective.

You then have to do the same for all your other account.
    Those options are available in versa mail but not on the sprint version.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwz26 View Post
    Yes, they are in Sprint Mobile Email. I did it and it works. I never gets any updates from those accounts.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwz26 View Post
    * From the entry screen, select one of the accounts, e.g. "Gmail Inbox".
    * Then press the menu button at the bottom right of the key pad.
    * Go to "Settings" -> "Preferences..." You should see "Mail" in the upper right corner, and you have "Signature", "Filters" and "Alerts" in there.
    * Click on "Mail", you should get a pull down menu with 3 items in there, the second is "Schedule". Select that.
    * You should see 2 check boxes, one for "Push messages to my device" and the other "Enable scheduled connections". Uncheck both of them will stop all automatic email updates.
    * Click "OK" and you should get a warning "In order to take effect, your preference settings must be sent to the server."
    * Click "OK" again and let it do its thing.

Repeat the above for each of your email account setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    I noticed the same thing when I tried to delete accounts. I gave up and deleted the program. It's safe to do...it still keeps the icon and when you select it, it still brings up the download now option again should you want to try it again.

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but I was hoping you can tell me how you deleted the email application. Or how to delete any application or file for that matter. This is my first Palm device and I am coming to it from a Motorola Q(piece of crap!). I haven't found a "windows explorer" type of application on the Palm that will allow me to delete apps or files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris