1.    #1  
    ...at least it's not for me. Brand new Palm Centro, with the latest version of Versamail.

I've tested it by sending e-mails to myself with another account. Sometimes I get them within 10 seconds, or so- and sometimes it can take 15 minutes or more. Seems to me that push should be push, and that it should be instant every time.

Does your configuration do this too?
    Last edited by MisterB; 10/20/2007 at 11:50 PM.
    No... working flawlessly for me...
    ''It's the network''
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ View Post
    No... working flawlessly for me...
    Did you change any of the settings, or just leave it at the default? Mine is at default, other than changing my display name and return address.

Like I say, sometimes it is instant, and sometimes I have to wait 15 minutes for mail to arrive.
    If you mean on the mail2web side it's because it's free. The pay services are much more reliable.

If you mean on the phone side it may be an issue with your settings or just versamail issues in general.
    I should point out that yesterday/today M2W did some major server updates, so performance may have varied...that may be a factor.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    If you mean on the mail2web side it's because it's free. The pay services are much more reliable.

If you mean on the phone side it may be an issue with your settings or just versamail issues in general.

Are you talking about an offering that mail2web has where you can pay for better service, or is there somebody else you're talking about? I can't see anywhere on mail2web's system that faster "push" can be obtained by paying a fee, unless I'm missing something.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I should point out that yesterday/today M2W did some major server updates, so performance may have varied...that may be a factor.
    That's good to know. Hopefully this means even faster service than ever once the dust settles.