Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    also a $12 dollar shipping fee. have you heard of that? Sorry for the questions. Im on the phone with the rep now and she is blasting me with all these fees and promotions.

    So far the deal is:

    $199 upfront fee with a $100 mail in rebate. She waived that bogus upgrade fee and is waiting to process everything.

    After the $100 mail in it comes to $99 plus the $12 shipping and handling fee. Does this sound about right?
    That's better than what I paid.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    - My 650 sync cable (not the one bundled with Centro and it has power connecter built in) can charge the phone using the USB port. 650 does not work. Come to think of it, I should try the Centro cable too, but I can't tell at this time. Without the power connecter as part of the cable I doubt it.
    The 650 charges from the USB cable as well (without the AC adapter plugged in). It just doesn't beep, light up, or show a charging battery icon. Leave it plugged in overnight to a powered USB port and in the morning it'll be charged.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero View Post
    If you're not comfortable, ask for her supervisor...or just kill the transaction and call back.

    No need to pay for something you shouldn't have too.

    Quick question: Are you in or out of contract? I did my deal through retentions and the process was amazingly smooth with no probs.

    Good luck

    Yeah, I became pretty uncomfortable with her. I killed the order for now. Man some of these tele sales people are pretty slippery. Beware.

    Im out of contract. I became eligible for an upgrade this past may but have hung on with the 650 since.

    How much did you end up paying after all was said and done through retentions? Id like to try that process since this last experience was so shady.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    That's better than what I paid.
    Did they give you the $149 deal?
  5. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sorry, I never touched a 755p But from what I'm gathering from here at TC, this is faster in every which way than the 755p--both for apps and internet.

    Maybe some others can chime in...

    I think you should try the Centro: it'll be the more "extreme" change for you, but may offer the best surprise too.
    I agree. I picked Centro over 755, because the professional feel and potential longer life does not worth $200 more for me. If it was $50 dollar difference I may go for 755, but have to keep in mind that 755 does not have a full version of pTune.
  6. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The 650 charges from the USB cable as well (without the AC adapter plugged in). It just doesn't beep, light up, or show a charging battery icon. Leave it plugged in overnight to a powered USB port and in the morning it'll be charged.
    That's interesting to know, thanks. I guess the difference is just the interface and added assurance.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I agree. I picked Centro over 755, because the professional feel and potential longer life does not worth $200 more for me. If it was $50 dollar difference I may go for 755, but have to keep in mind that 755 does not have a full version of pTune.
    True enough. Where the cost really begins to get you though is with the power vision pro package. $35 additional per month. My wife and I are both thinking of upgrading to centros, but our monthly bill would go from $76/mth to between $110 and $120 potentially. Thats where things get steep.
    Of course there are the $20 and $15 dollar power packages, but i would lose the picturemail and unlimited text messages which i enjoy on my 650. Tough call.
  8. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Did they give you the $149 deal?
    No, $199 with $100 rebate.
  9. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    True enough. Where the cost really begins to get you though is with the power vision pro package. $35 additional per month. My wife and I are both thinking of upgrading to centros, but our monthly bill would go from $76/mth to between $110 and $120 potentially. Thats where things get steep.
    Of course there are the $20 and $15 dollar power packages, but i would lose the picturemail and unlimited text messages which i enjoy on my 650. Tough call.
    Yeah, it took me a while to decide to kill text messaging. I do not use it much, but things like the Google text messaging service was pretty cool. The rep did tell me I can block all incoming messages, so at least I do not have to worry about some of the alert I setup on some of the websites.
  10. #30  
    Yep. I use text messaging to receive stock updates, weather, news & sports updates as well as texts to my wife and friends while at work.

    The plan I've got now is pretty nice. I have a difficult time giving it up or paying $110 or more per month to have what I have now on my 650 for $76 per month.

    On the fence again, damn.
  11. #31  
    Oh well, there it is....
  12. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #32  
    Hi Logmein.

    I called retentions and since I was out of contract, I asked if I could get the Centro for $99 like in the store...but keep what I had (I had Vision Professional for years, with unlimited text, pictures, data...the works). I also offered to commit for another 2-years on my line. My fiancÚs line was to be unaffected.

    The Retentions rep said, no problem after looking at my account.

    Since I "had" to upgrade to PowerVision, the rep was nice enough to throw in 500 free text messages p/month, which is pretty good since I only averaged about 300 p/m, though I thought I used more.

    I have the Retention Rep's name and id # (which I asked for) just in case.

    Also, when I activated the phone, I asked about an activation fee and was told there should be no charge for activating the Centro or transferring my 650 to my fiancÚ.

    Long Story Short: I paid $99 for the Centro (no shipping or $18 fee), but will really know for sure when I get my bill.

    Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  13. #33  
    Thanks a ton, 7zero for your help on this. I'm going to talk to my wife about it tonight to see if she might want to upgrade too. I'll show her the scenario you just described and we'll see what happens. It would be fantastic if we could arrange for the same setup you guys worked out - that's pretty much exactly what we need. Lemme see what she thinks. Glad you were able to get a fair deal there, man.
  14. #34  
    7zero, you were able to keep your original data plan for the same monthly price along with the 500 text / mth deal?

    Right now we pay roughly $80 per month for both lines. Is that what you guys have right now after the upgrade?
  15. greyserf's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #35  
    Question, why would you have to lose unlimited text messaging by upgrading to PowerVision?

    I'm going to be upgrading from a 650 to either a 700p, 755p or Centro and was under the impression I would keep my regular plan (which includes unlimited texting) and then just pay the $25 extra a month for the Power Vision Ultimate Pack. Am I wrong in thinking this? Or would I somehow have to give up my unlimited texting?


    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero View Post
    Hi Logmein.

    I called retentions and since I was out of contract, I asked if I could get the Centro for $99 like in the store...but keep what I had (I had Vision Professional for years, with unlimited text, pictures, data...the works). I also offered to commit for another 2-years on my line. My fiancÚs line was to be unaffected.

    The Retentions rep said, no problem after looking at my account.

    Since I "had" to upgrade to PowerVision, the rep was nice enough to throw in 500 free text messages p/month, which is pretty good since I only averaged about 300 p/m, though I thought I used more.

    I have the Retention Rep's name and id # (which I asked for) just in case.

    Also, when I activated the phone, I asked about an activation fee and was told there should be no charge for activating the Centro or transferring my 650 to my fiancÚ.

    Long Story Short: I paid $99 for the Centro (no shipping or $18 fee), but will really know for sure when I get my bill.

    Cheers!
  16. #36  
    I know it shouldn't be the case, but this is sprint's policy. Apparently to upgrade to power vision from regular vision, you often sacrifice your unlimited text message plant which went along with regular vision. If we speak with retentions we might be able to work out an exception.
  17. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #37  
    Hi greyserf.

    Truth is...I'm cheap! LOL

    My minutes plan stayed the same, if not I'll call and figure it out.

    As for data, I "lost" my free unlimited goodies when I upgraded to PowerVision, but I could've had unlimited everything for $25. Instead, I opted for regular Power Vision for $15, but I was given 500 free text msgs a month. If I go over, I'm toast, but my average was about 300. I'm adding up all my txt msgs for 2006 and will figure out an average. If I'm below 500, great. If not, I'll spend the extra dough.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  18. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    7zero, you were able to keep your original data plan for the same monthly price along with the 500 text / mth deal?

    Right now we pay roughly $80 per month for both lines. Is that what you guys have right now after the upgrade?

    Hi logmein.

    My data plan changed when I went to PowerVision (PV). From what I've been told and was able to research, my $15 PV is for data only. This was an increase from $0 under my old data plan which went way back. The 500 txt p/month are no charge.

    I couldn't take advantage of SERO so my plan is the best I'm gonna get: $115 for 2500 minutes p/month. After insurance (both phones), $5.00 vision plan for my fiancee's 650 and about 23% taxes my bill is about $160. For some reason Florida charges a TON of taxes, but no one can tell me what they're for or who's resposible...but that's another thread.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  19. #39  
    Again, thanks for the breakdown, 7zero. My wife and I were thinking about going with the shared 500 minute plan and the $15/mth basic power vision package for both centros when we take the plunge.. The rep told us we'd also be in the $100 - $120 range before taxes. By the way, Damn, the taxes ARE high in florida. I feel your pain though brother, I'm in NJ. I know all about ridiculously high taxes - which like you said, is for another thread. In any case, I think we'll try calling retentions tomorrow too to see what we can work out.
  20. #40  
    I too was out of my 2 yr. agreement, went into the local Sprint Store (corporate, not dealer), they sold me the Centro for $99, and gave me $50 for my 650. Actual price, $50, Woo-Hoo!

    I'd thought of selling my 650 on eBay, but it was pretty beat up after three years. Also by not selling it via eBay, I was able to keep my sync cables and charging cables for my Centro. All Sprint wanted was the phone for the $50 credit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions