1.    #1  
    Just sitting on my desk, my Centro turns itself on every few minutes, then keyguard turns it off. I don't know if it is searching for a signal or what, but it's killing the battery life. Fully charged last night, it was down to 1/4 this morning. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrys View Post
    Just sitting on my desk, my Centro turns itself on every few minutes, then keyguard turns it off. I don't know if it is searching for a signal or what, but it's killing the battery life. Fully charged last night, it was down to 1/4 this morning. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Typically what turns a Treo on or a Centro (waking it up) is having Visibility set to Visible, a third party app that is connecting or updating to the Web, looking for a bluetooth devise or looking for a signal.

Also a third party app that auto updates it's database could wake your devise up.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    ...is having Visibility set to Visible...
    What do you mean by that? Is this some sort of API call made by an application? Clearly, an incoming SMS or alarm event will "light up" the screen. Are there applications out there that will supress the screen from lighting up?

Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Go into Centro Prefs then to bluetooth and check the Visibilty setting.

If it is set to Visible, someone in your office with a bluetooth devise could wake your Centro up just by walking by it with their bluetooth devise Also, a bluetooth capable computer would wake it up.

I have had that happen on a Treo. I have not had it happen on my Centro, because Visibilty set to Hidden.

Ah, I was hoping for something more technical. I never keep any of my devices visible. I was hoping that you know of a hack that would prevent the device from lighting up the screen.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    it's alive!!

Don't worry it's normal.
    As xpan said, it's petty normal.

Here's a couple of suggestions. put your Centro to sleep with the default phone app open. The next time it wakes up, look at the top of the phone app screen to see if the EVDO flag is flashing dark blue arrows. If it is, you have something accessing the Web.

Also, go into the Centro Prefs then to Power and make sure Beam Receive is turned off. Beam Receive being on will suck the battery down.

The Centro only has a 1150 mAh battery. Whatever you can turn off when not using that function will save some battery usage.

Any unattended Alarms or Alerts?
    Just got my centro 3 days ago. My centro would randomly recognize the micro SD card, it would wake itself up sitting on my desk when it decided to recognize my micro SD card. The "card" category would appear and disappears randomly, with bluetooth off. I'm sending this one back for one that I hope would work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by quencam View Post
    Just got my centro 3 days ago. My centro would randomly recognize the micro SD card, it would wake itself up sitting on my desk when it decided to recognize my micro SD card. The "card" category would appear and disappears randomly, with bluetooth off. I'm sending this one back for one that I hope would work properly.
    It may not be seated properly. That would cause the random recognition.
    mine was waking up every five minutes when I had my battery app writing the graph to the memory card, but that was planned...

what third party apps do you have on your phone?
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    I had this same problem with my Treo 650 then again with my new Centro. My problem is that I am in a building with pretty thick concrete walls. It has a problem setting the time from the network. When I went to System Preferences --> Date & Time and changed the "Automatically set" option to "Nothing" my turning on problem was fixed.