Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody else notice how much faster blazer is? It's significantly faster than my 755p. That I did not expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Anybody else notice how much faster blazer is? It's significantly faster than my 755p. That I did not expect.
    That great news but what the explanation? I thought Blazer was the same.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    I know! That's why I'm curious what others are experiencing! Even ebay home page loads in seconds....
    I am in love with the speed! wow - what a fast web browsing experience!

I sure hope the centro comes to Verizon
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Blazer and Snapper mail are super fast , I wonder why since they are the same versions I had on the 700P
    All of the Centro is faster than the 755p. So much better.
    I'll chime in too, my Centro is faster than any Treo I've owned (I've had each of the Sprint models)! And very stable. I'm very happy with it!
    Ditto - it's all faster.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Palm really got centro right. I had buyers remorse after I got the 755 from the 650 - no difference except 755 slower.

I'm loving the centro. Internet radio is awesome on ptunes. shamefully i've been using treos since the 300 and never used internet radio on treo/centro til tonight. sound is great.

I know why they called it "centro," if they called it "treo 756p" all 755 owners would be demanding free exchanges.

if u own a 755p never go near a centro or you'll get buyers remorse
    palm screwed the 650 owners with the 700p. then they screwed the 700p owners with the 755p. Now they've screwed the 755p owners with the centro - with both user experience AND price this time.

GOOD BUSINESS STRATEGY, PALM. ACES.
    this time is the worst of all because it was only 5 months between release of 755 and centro. they never should have released the 755p.
    That's right. They should have skipped the 755p and just put the centro in its place to begin with.

pfft. keystone cops. I keeps getting better.

You know, I wish Colligan was given the same treatment Joe Torre was handed just recently. Reduced pay with performance- based bonuses. The sad thing here is that Joe Torre didn't deserve it, Ed colligan DOES.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    palm screwed the 650 owners with the 700p. then they screwed the 700p owners with the 755p. Now they've screwed the 755p owners with the centro - with both user experience AND price this time.

GOOD BUSINESS STRATEGY, PALM. ACES.
    Oh boo hoo.

No one forced anyone to buy a new Palm device every time they release one. You didn't have to be a genius to know the 700p was flawed from the beginning, yet so many hoped for that magical upgrade to fix all problems. So people stuck with a crummy phone on the hope of a non-guaranteed upgrade. Meanwhile the world went on with their working phones. Faith blinded people.

The 755p is what it is: a superficial upgrade to the 700p. You have people in the W forums wondering why Palm hasn't done the same with the 700wx series instead of "making us wait" for the 800.

So should Palm not release a better device in fear of "screwing" the people who bought the earlier model? That's a great business strategy too: don't improve the device.

Fact is, if you're coming from a 600/650 or are new to smartphones, the Centro is finally a great device for a fair price. That's actually a good thing.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Oh boo hoo, mal. So it upsets you that I disapprove of their product line and overall business strategy. Too bad. I stand by it. I don't care how you try to justify or apologize for this poorly run company, its still a bush league business model, and it shows when you look at the current new leaders in the smartphone market today. Palm is not among them and that is so for a reason.
    All this "Palm is dead", "Palm will win" bulls&t is stupid. palm will survive or they won't. why spend your lives obsessed with this crap.
    Matty
    You can say boo hoo all you want, it still doesn't mean it's good business. The fact they would even release the 700p knowing full well it had glaring issues because the OS wasn't fully compatible with it's hardware, then ignorie the issues for so long before attempting to fix them, and then releasing a 2nd phone based off of the same hardware is just wrong.

The 755 should've been the 700 and the Centro should be the 755.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    You can say boo hoo all you want, it still doesn't mean it's good business. The fact they would even release the 700p knowing full well it had glaring issues because the OS wasn't fully compatible with it's hardware, then ignorie the issues for so long before attempting to fix them, and then releasing a 2nd phone based off of the same hardware is just wrong.

The 755 should've been the 700 and the Centro should be the 755.
    No disagreement there (and does anyone really dispute that?). But the Centro is here and now, so I'm not really concerned about what was before. I'm measuring this device on it's own merits, outside of Palm's history and bad decision making. That's how most new customers will look at it.

Also, lets give some responsibility to the customer here. People had 14 days to evaluate the 700p and 30 days for the 755p. If they did not like it, it performed badly, had resets or delays--then return it and keep your money. I have no sympathy for those who stuck through it--that's just naiveté. But lets be honest, a lot of people here at TC (1) denied there were problems (especially at MTN) (2) explained them away or (3) prayed that Palm will swoop in and rescue them. All were based on faith or customer loyalty, which bit them in the ****.

There was no secret the 700p was a turd and the 755p was a polished turd (I'll throw in the 700w into that too). But at some point, Palm had to release a good device. Should they have crippled the Centro? Make it worse so no on here at TC feels bad?

If someone doesn't like Palm, simply stop buying their products. I skipped the 7xx-series POS devices for a reason.

Anyways, this thread is waay off topic, partly my fault, so I'm done with this.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Oh boo hoo.

Fact is, if you're coming from a 600/650 or are new to smartphones, the Centro is finally a great device for a fair price. That's actually a good thing.
    Yup, Malatesta. I am one of the 600 users still around. I skipped all the junk in between. But I just went and ordered a centro yesterday.

I had to wait almost 4 years before a reasonably priced upgrade would come around...
    Last edited by CmdrGuard; 10/20/2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: grammar
    well I was an i500 user forced to the only thing offered...the 700p. I had no choice because Sprint/Samsung no longer supported the phone. Hell, they never supported it even before it was EOL'd. I didn't even do the things I currently do on it within the first month which meant I was stuck. And most of my issues began the moment I started using bluetooth, but the lags and resets just progressively got worse over time. And for all the complaining I did to Sprint, I would've had better results complaining to a brick wall. Not everyone that ended up in the 7xx series jumped in flags ablazing using it to its full capacity. Not everyone was email/web/texting/BT fanatics from day one. You got acquainted doing the basics and grew from there. So 14 days doesn't really give you an idea of what you'll really end up doing. And even if you do experience a problem or two, I highly doubt they're frequent enough to make you raise a concern as when have any of us had a Palm product that hasn't started out with a quirk or two. You expect that. You even expect a patch or two over time knowing some of the "quirks" will get fixed as beta testing is not 100%. That's why most electronics these days have firmware updates. You don't return a media player when it has quirks because you know you can expect an update or two. And we've grown to expect that for pda phones as well. We don't expect ignorance of issues they knew of before they even sold the device. And for many the OS was a much newer revision, for newer palm users it was a new OS in general. You're getting used to it as you're doing the normal things you do. And how is one supposed to know the occasional lag, error or reset in the beginning is going to turn into something more frequent and normal? So I'm not buying into your evaluation period statement.

That being said, I've been a big Centro supporter as you can tell from my posts recently. I will be upgrading our (5) 700's and (1) 650 to the Centro. I'll be damned if I don't get one for free with a credit because I'm on my third malfunctioning 700. So I better see a credit for the difference of what I paid for the 700 and what I'd pay for the Centro. I also think Palm finally got their head out of their a**ses and realized they've screwed up. They did the Centro right. They dropped the Foleo and focused on their next generation model. That combination is the only reason I'm sticking with it. Well that, and I don't have a choice if I want POS.

And that lies the other problem. If POS is what you know. You hate the other evils for some reason or another (WM, BB, Sym) so you tend to suck it up. It's like staying loyal to your local sports team. You live and die with them no matter how stupid their decisions are or how bad they perform. And when you don't have competition (within your own realm) you don't have to treat your customers fairly. You can get away with bonehead moves, at least to a point.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Oh boo hoo.

No one forced anyone to buy a new Palm device every time they release one. You didn't have to be a genius to know the 700p was flawed from the beginning, yet so many hoped for that magical upgrade to fix all problems. So people stuck with a crummy phone on the hope of a non-guaranteed upgrade.
    Sounds a lot like the Mogul owners to me. Poor saps. If you guys think that Palm is bad, just look at the dog poo that HTC has been selling suckers on Sprint for years. The amount of outright lies and false advertising coming out of them is amazing and FORGET about getting a meaningful firmware update out of them.

Palm's far from perfect, but they look pretty darn good compared to their competition.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast