1.    #1  
    I have a 650 for a few years now, and my wife have a dumb phone for a few years as well . We share a plan.

I am considering going to get the next generation IPhone if it it meets my needs. I played with the Centro briefly yesterday and it would be a nice phone until that day arrives, and my wife needs a smart phone asap. The Centro would be perfect for her. My problem is that upgrading now means a contract with Sprint for the next 2 years.

My other option is to wait until the Centro is released on Cingular/ATT then switch and buy 2 new phones. Then if the next IPhone meet my needs I could get it and all I will be out is the cost of one Centro (of course I will have to pay for the IPhone). The problem with this plan is that my wife's phone is dying and she needs a smart phone asap, and that Cingular/ATT won't have the Centro until at least early 2008.

What do you think?
    If you can, upgrade now to Sprint and the Centro and get high speed EVDO.....

The Centro is freakin nice. Smaller, lighter and a brighter 320 x320 screen with the pixels packed a little tighter. Nicer keyboard and no problem using with my phat thumbs.

I traded my 650 in for a Centro on monday and am really happy with it. It comes with pTunes deluxe 4.0.4 and Google Maps 1.2.0.9 in the ROM. Blazer is upgraded and faster. VersaMail is upgraded too. Bluetooth is great. All my apps work on it, except Initiate can't be defaulted to the Home button yet. But LudusP 1.9 fixed that.

Other enhancements as well.

I still have my 700p and I like the Centro better. My average data access speed on the Centro is 940% with apps installed. That's better than my old 650 at 903% and my 700p at 620%. The Centro is extremely stable too.

I think Palm has a winner with the Centro. It is definately not a kiddy phone as some think it may be.
    It is an upgrade from the 650, 700p and 755.

Go for the Cento. Besides you never know when ATT will get it.
    Sprint has a 90 days exclusive on the Centro. (a poster in another thread shared that with us)
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    You can buy a brand new Centro for about 300 on ebay. After weighting in the possibility of open a 2nd (SERO) phone line, buying new from Sprint, this is probably what I am going to do.
    The Sprint contract expired a few months ago on my 650. So I went into Sprint and settled on a Centro and got for $99.00 out the door with another 2 year contract.
    When I got my 700p back in May '06, I paid $300 for it. So I was extremely pleased to get the Centro for 99 bucks.

New customers and current customers getting new 2 year contracts can get the $99.00 offer with a mail in rebate.

It doesn't hurt to do a little negotiating with them.

I have been with Sprint for a number of years and always got good service. So another 2 year contract on the Centro didn't bother me.

I love this little guy! I say do it !

Does anyone know if its gonna come to Verizon??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    The Sprint contract expired a few months ago on my 650. So I went into Sprint and settled on a Centro and got for $99.00 out the door with another 2 year contract.
    When I got my 700p back in May '06, I paid $300 for it. So I was extremely pleased to get the Centro for 99 bucks.

New customers and current customers getting new 2 year contracts can get the $99.00 offer with a mail in rebate.

I have been with Sprint for a number of years and always got good service. So another 2 year contract on the Centro didn't bother me.

You're tempting me. My contract in up in June. So you're saying I can still get it for $99 if I committ to another 2 yrs. I'm ok with that.

My wife and I have a 2000 min/mo share plan. I'm wondering if I can get two for $99 each?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post

So you are saying you got it for $99.00 without having to do the rebate?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I took my Dad into see my contact at a local Sprint Store to try our best to negotiate a good deal on the Centro. He is a 3yr Sprint customer with an expired contract. My goal was to walk away with a $150 (w/rebate) Centro and a 10% discount on his service. My contact said that they can no longer offer the 10%, but she was able to sell him the Centro at $150 AND he got the $100 rebate as well!

Meistro