1.    #1  
    I got my Centro with SERO plan, it is with unlimited data.
    Do we have to disconnect the internet connection after using google map or web? If the internet connection is not disconnected, will it hurt the battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    I got my Centro with SERO plan, it is with unlimited data.
    Do we have to disconnect the internet connection after using google map or web? If the internet connection is not disconnected, will it hurt the battery life?
    You don't need to force-disconnect it and the connection should idle out within a few minutes.

When in "idle" it uses no power.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick answer.
    When it's in idle mode, is it still semi-connected to the web, for purposes of reconnecting? What I mean is by leaving the web-connection idle, is it faster to connect again than from the initial connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    When it's in idle mode, is it still semi-connected to the web, for purposes of reconnecting? What I mean is by leaving the web-connection idle, is it faster to connect again than from the initial connection?
    Yup. These devices have 2 radios: 1x and Ev. The Ev stays "idle" where it's technically logged into to Sprint, so when it checks for email or you use the Web, it's faster to load.

These devices act just like a modem dialing up to AOL on your computer, it's just behind the scenes and you can stay logged in, but idle.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    so when in idle..are data charges being incurred? (for those without unlimited data plans?)

Is there any data activity during idle?