Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    If you are with Sprint, did you data cost change a month going from the 650 to the 755?

Thanks
    I didn't have the data plan when I had the 650 but when it came time to configure my 755P, the operator mention that there was a special promotion for people that upgrade their phone to get the unlimited data package for 1/2 price for the next two years. Since I had to extend my contract anyway, I decided to get it.

So instead of $14.99 a month, its $7.50. Well really what they do is charge you for the $14.99 (and probably tax me on it, not 100% sure) and then credit me the $7.50.

I don't regret it. Google maps alone is worth it. I got lost and put in the street address of the corner I was on (no zip code either) and my home address and was able to find driving directions back home. Also I use accuweather.com for the latest weather, Instead of waiting on the News channel when I get up in the morning.

and if you go to www.palmloyal.com he (or she) has a great bunch of free apps for you phone that you can use.
  2.    #22  
    Yes, I was on a $10/mo data plan and they forced me onto a $15/mo plan. They explained what it was for, but I really didn't quite understand it other than the fact that they wanted an extra $60/year out of me. Whatever. The 755p is worth $5/mo more.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    If you are with Sprint, did you data cost change a month going from the 650 to the 755?

Thanks
    Thanks guys! I called Sprint and they checked to give me a quote for an upgrade to the Centro and told me the plan I have of $10.00 would not go up. LOL, but we will see!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Geekymom, what phone would you be upgrading from?
    Very happy with my switch from the 650 to the 755p. I hated the call duration popup, but Shadowmite's hack got rid of that. The only problem that I have with the 755p is the Bluetooth Auth. screen that pops up during phone calls.

Reception is much better that my 650
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    More RAM and DBcache = better. 'nuff said.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I swtiched form a Sprint 650 to a 755. Overall, I think it's a big improvement.
    755 +'s
    EVDO rocks. Browsing and google maps are fast fast fast. 650 used to be torturously slow.
    Way more memory for loading programs, files, etc.
    Better sound quality on calls
    Better reception. My wife still has a 650 and I get better reception everywhere we go.
    Pocket tunes is way better than RealPlayer, and it's free
    Way lighter in your hand, and the rubber feel is nice - doesn't slide or slip.

755-'s
    This is my experience, which appears contrary to everyone else's. My 755 resets. It appears that my Sony Ericsson headset, which worked perfectly with my 650, is causing the 755 to reset - up to 2-3x /day. When I turn off BT everything is fine. I returned one phone because of the resets, and this one does it, too.
    The lack of antenna makes it tougher to get out of a pouch case, but that's a minor quibble.
    The batter life is pretty miserable. You have to charge it a lot or get the 2200 mah battery from Seidio

But in the end, I'm much happier with the 755. My wife's 650 feels quaint and old school to me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    I didn't have the data plan when I had the 650 but when it came time to configure my 755P, the operator mention that there was a special promotion for people that upgrade their phone to get the unlimited data package for 1/2 price for the next two years. Since I had to extend my contract anyway, I decided to get it.

So instead of $14.99 a month, its $7.50. Well really what they do is charge you for the $14.99 (and probably tax me on it, not 100% sure) and then credit me the $7.50.

I don't regret it. Google maps alone is worth it. I got lost and put in the street address of the corner I was on (no zip code either) and my home address and was able to find driving directions back home. Also I use accuweather.com for the latest weather, Instead of waiting on the News channel when I get up in the morning.

and if you go to www.palmloyal.com he (or she) has a great bunch of free apps for you phone that you can use.
    Gosh. I'm so tempted to jump ship to the 755p. I have a T650 now since May 2005. I've been month-to-month with Sprint since 2005 and know I could probably get a good deal.

BUT if I hold out a bit longer, I might jump ship to Windows Mobile (the rumoured 800w) or the next iteration of Palm OS Treo, whatever/whenever that is (Treo 800p?) I don't know if I can wait for Palm/Linux anymore!

Onekoolfella: that rate plan of $7.50 after (14.99 before) a month looks sweet. What bells and whistles does that include? And How long does that deal last?

On the plus side, I can save my money on Treo accessories if I get the Palm 755p.

The other issues: The green button on the T755p and the miniSD card. I would have to transfer all my data from a SD Card to a mini-SD Card, especially all my Chatter e-mails that are stored on my SD card. How hard/easy is that? And how high in MBs does mini SD cards got to these days?

More importantly, how is Tom Tom on the T755p? I've been meaning to get a GPS system for my and I figure with the improved speed of the 755p data network/EVDO, Tom Tom should work like a champ!

In case anybody is wondering, My Treo lineage thus far, starting with the T300 in Fall 2002:

T300-->T600-->T650-->???
    Last edited by KevMeister; 11/05/2007 at 02:02 AM.
    Great posts, any thoughts on an upgrade from a 650 to the Centro or 755P?
    Thanks
    -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Unless the 800w or whatever it ends up being improves A LOT over the 700wx, I wouldn't even consider it.
    I've been using a Treo650 on Verizon with a Month-to-Month plan for the last 18 months. They just shut off my Wireless Web access last week and have told me that it was a feature that never should have worked when I went from a regular plan to the pay as you go type. Basically, they wanted another $20-$30 a month from me.

I wasn't planning an upgrade until Treos got Stereo Bluetooth and WiFi but after doing some research, the 755p on Sprint is the best phone for the price and I can get the wireless features I want for the same price I was paying on Verizon. Plus, my wife is now on Sprint through work so my top call is now free! I have to many Palm apps to even think about going Windows Mobile. Based on what I've read, I know I've made the right choice. Thanks all!

I ordered the Krusell leather case with belt clip because I've had such great success with my current one. I was upgrading from a 1GB to 2GB SD card anyway this Christmas so I just made it a miniSD card instead. I'm looking forward to the faster service and better resolution. I like that my car charger will work, too because I have a 45 minute commute each way. So I don't think I'll have a battery life issue.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Quote Originally Posted by shyde View Post
    I am a Sprint customer who has been using a Treo 650 for a couple of years now. My 650 has never caused me any major problems, but I do have two major complaints and want to find out if these issues are likely to be resolved by purchasing a 755p. Here are my issues:

1) POOR reception. The 650 barely works at my house (cutting in and out - dropped calls, etc) and I can't even force the thing to roam. I understand the 755p will allow me to force roam, but has the reception been improved significantly enough that I likely won't NEED to force roam? I've been contemplating a switch to Verizon, but Sprint is much cheaper (especially since I get corporate discounts). What's real frustrating is the knowledge that the problem is my phone and not Sprint's service. My wife has a Sanyo 4900 and gets flawless reception in our house even without extending the whip antenna that her phone comes equipped with.

2) POOR bluetooth. I never did find a bluetooth headset that worked very well with the 650. I am one of the few who use a corded headset on my phone. I really want bluetooth to work and for people to not know I'm on Bluetooth.

that's it... Two simple problems that have really created a love-hate relationship between me and my 650.

Thanks for your replies!
    I went from a Sprint 650 to a Sprint 755p and noticed improved reception. Bluetooth connection is quicker, as well, but that's because the 755p keeps a BT connection ALL the doggone time - which takes a bite out of battery life.

My girlfriend and I use Jawbone Bluetooth headsets with our 755p's and we noticed a very annoying beep in our ears whenever the BT connection drops (this is when there's no active call). It happens several times an hour.

Maybe one of those power management applications would help by only turning on Bluetooth when a call comes in, but I've never tried one.

That said, I'm very glad I upgraded to the 755p from my 650. A Centro isn't the way to go, imo, if one is a power user - if only because of the diminished battery power.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I have to agree with the majority here. I upgraded last week from a 650 to a 755 and and love it.
    I was originally offered a Centro, took it, but when it showed up in red, I tried to exchange it for black, but Sprint/Asurion made it virtually impossible since it was not considered a "cosmetic defect". So I sent back the Centro and got a 755. BT is snappier, no resets yet, and I'm even using Versamail EAS for work over Chatter EX (for now) I know, seems nuts, but it seems to work ok. I always have Chatter in case I need it. I just wanted to avoid loading up my Treo initially with tons of my old 650 apps.

Also, stumbled upon this thread for hiding apps that are never used (quick tour, my treo, etc) The app is in post #4. Way better then Obfuscate.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=obfuscate+755
    I really liked T-Mobile -- their customer service was great -- and with their T-Zones plan I had super cheap data when that was a rarity.

I'd been with Sprint awhile back and left swearing that I'd never return.

But my 650 was showing alot of wear and tear, so I started to look around -- and T-Mobile wasn't carrying what I wanted -- and I didn't want to buy a new phone for full price.

Heard about the SERO plan here on Treocentral -- and despite my wariness I went back to Sprint.

Love the 755P -- MUCH faster data, no hardware or software problems yet -- (except for TomTom 5).

I pay about what I was paying to T-Mobile ($37/mo.) I have alot more minutes (600), more flexible free calling times, that much faster data, and insurance at $7/mo.

(The 755P cost $200)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12