1.    #1  
    Is anybody having trouble getting Stereo sound through headphones? Please help!!!!
    I have not been able to get stereo either.
    Which headphones are you using? What headset adaptor are you using, if any? Details needed to troubleshoot...
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    I'm have an earglove sport stereo. it is 2.5 so I don't use an adaptor. thanks
  5.    #5  
    I am using normal samsung 2.5 mm headphones that I used on my last phone. I also tried using a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter that I bought at radio shack and plugged normal 3.5 headphones and it still didn't work.
    If the sound isn't coming though on both speakers when plugging in multiple headsets to the phone, sounds like a defective female plug on the phone -- recommend you visit a Sprint store and try another one.

All about process of elimination. ;-)
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  7.    #7  
    I just traded out my centro for a new one and I'm getting the same problem.
    hey...

The first time I plugged in the wired stereo headset that came with my 700p, I did not get stereo until I twisted the jack back and forth and pushed it in farther. I think there was a little bit of flash inside the plastic jack cover inside the Centro.

I get stereo from a wired headset, a FM transmitter with a stereo adapter and with SAG and a Moto HT820 bluetooth stereo headset.

Some after market wired stereo headsets have a mini 2.5 mm jack. these will not work properly with the standard 2.5 mm Treo or Centro jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    hey...

The first time I plugged in the wired stereo headset that came with my 700p, I did not get stereo until I twisted the jack back and forth and pushed it in farther.

Same here on my 700p. In fact at times I still have a tendency not to push it in all the way. Then I feel like a dummy.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Don't forget that its a proprietary connector that your plugging in to. Palm did that on purpose so you have to buy the headset from them. There are cheaper ones out there but remember 9 times out of 10 you will get what you pay for. I picked the palm headset up on the cheap from buy.com. I got it so cheap I could order 2 for the price of what Palm was charging and that qualified me for free shipping since it pushed the order over $25. They don't offer it for as cheap anymore but I think even seidioonline.com has better quality ones for a less price. I have seen the Palm car charger and it looked very cheap.... Just food for thought.....

The Samsungs have a ring configuration on the post that is different from palms, it will only ever be mono until you get the right pair of earphones.

Muff
    Last edited by Muffnician; 10/20/2007 at 02:22 AM.
    Here is my new cheap spot. This place is fantastic, search for Treo headset

http://www.provantage.com

First result is the high end set palm charges $60 or more for and the 3rd result down is the regular stereo headset they charge $30 for
    Last edited by Muffnician; 10/20/2007 at 02:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    At first I thought I could not get stereo sound but when I plugged in the treo branded stereo headset all the way in, I did get great stereo sound.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the info everyone. I really appreciate it.
    That's great that there's a solution, but they are "temporarily sold out". Anywhere else I can pick up one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Luks View Post
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Check CellPhoneShop.com
    I found a "universal" 2.5 to 3.5 adapter on that site, but the use of the word "universal" makes me wonder if it's going to work. The "universal" one I tried at Radio Shack only gave me mono sound out of the right speaker. I'd like to find one that specifically claims to work properly on the Treo 755p. I'll pay a few extra bucks for the reassurance.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    Check CellPhoneShop.com
  18. FB4
    I have the one from radio shack the problem is it is to thick and you cannot get it all the way into the plug. If you shave down some of the rubber coating it goes all the way in and viola stereo sound
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FB4 View Post
    I have the one from radio shack the problem is it is to thick and you cannot get it all the way into the plug. If you shave down some of the rubber coating it goes all the way in and viola stereo sound

I did the same thing and it works great now. Ah yes, stereo sound again!