Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 750 with a 2GB MiniSD card and I want to put more than a few songs on my device because I want to listen to them etc... The MP3's I have i would like to either convert to wma or a lesser size MP3 so it would still be good listening quality but not take up as much space..

Any suggestions on how to do this and what is the best way or program to do this in?

I assume that a WM Treo can sync with Windows Media Player as can a Palm Treo using pTunes. Windows Media Player actually has this option built into it, to downsize the files before syncing, it works great on my 755p using pTunes.
    HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    CDex looks promising Im at work now so I dont have access to all my music, but I will try it when I get home. I'm assuming the program has the option of taking an MP3 and making another MP3 half the size..?
    convert to ogg format. You can convert to the smallest bitrate (32k or 64k) & it sounds just like a 128k mp3. Of course your mp3 player will have to be able to play ogg files.
    I don't see the problem. A 2G card holds more than you can listen to all day.
    I use dbpoweramp.
    Converting 128k MP3 files to 64k Windows Media 9 you end with a file half the original size with the same sound quality.
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    i use either GSPlayer or TCPMP and i think both of them play .ogg files..

Does CDex do all of the above mentioned suggestions?
    Here's the thing though. With any of the other programs mentioned, you basically have to store two sets of files, but Windows Media Player will convert it on the fly during the syncing.