Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I don't follow treo pricing. How quick do you think the price will drop on a centro.

Before the flames come, I think it is a great price already but I am sure they have a price drop worked into the marketing plan.

What was the timing of price drops of other treos in the past?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    You wont see the price drop on the Centro for a long time. The offered price for new customers is killer as it is.

If you're looking to get it free, probably won't be until another carrier has it for cheap w/ comparable data plan pricing.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

3rd party wireless companies will be offering it for free as soon as they get there hands on it, thats there hook. You could pay $99 at a sprint store or they could give to you for free and get you to sign there contract in addition to Sprints that have extra stipulations and fees. I know guys at the mall who reserve an entire day to call in a get there customers credits for crap they promised too them.
    How the hell are they gonna move the 755p's and at what price now that the Centro is out?

What is interesting is that VZ hasn't even gotten the 755p not to mention the Centro.

Does anyone know how long the exclusive is with Sprint for the Centro?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    90 days
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    90 days
    Tks for the info Muffnician
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    3rd party wireless companies will be offering it for free as soon as they get there hands on it, thats there hook. You could pay $99 at a sprint store or they could give to you for free and get you to sign there contract in addition to Sprints that have extra stipulations and fees. I know guys at the mall who reserve an entire day to call in a get there customers credits for crap they promised too them.
    I am already seeing free deals on ebay!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    yeah man..there is nothing more shady than an "authorized retailer/dealer" of wireless products. When I used to work for the orange and blue at their call center, I used to cringe when I had to talk to them. I spent many a day off-the phone researching cases where authorized dealers would screw up small business owners and families alike...ah..those were the days.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    I am already seeing free deals on ebay!
    Those deals are good. I got my 700p from ebay, which is generally 100-150 cheaper than a Sprint deal. However I don't think they offer SERO on those.

So if you have different corporate discount, go for it. The ebay dealer I used was "Sprintnetwork".