Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't waste your time with it. There is no setting to change the display name for outgoing mail, which means every person you send an e-mail to can only see your e-mail address in the from field.

There is no setting (that I can find) to leave e-mails on the server. It just downloads them, and removes them from your inbox, which means that if you like to use a POP program like Thunderbird to check mail on the same account, you'll probably never get another e-mail with the program again.

It can't seem to figure Gmail out. It downloads messages as being "new", even though they were already received weeks ago, and did not show up earlier in the day when it synced.

Sure, push technology would be nice- which is the reason I was trying it out, but I'll just stick with Versamail, unless you folks have another suggestion to use with Gmail.
    I had problems with the new Versamail (thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154503)

I just downloaded Sprint Email and was about to try setting it up and then saw your post.

Can anyone recommend a good email app (other than these 2)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dan650 View Post
    I had problems with the new Versamail (thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154503)

I just downloaded Sprint Email and was about to try setting it up and then saw your post.

Can anyone recommend a good email app (other than these 2)?
    Try SnapperMial - they have a trial period.
    Here's the link:
    http://snappermail.com

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Chatteremail is a killer pop/imap client. It's the only Palm OS mail software I use - but unfortunately I'll be back on Versamail once my Centro arrives because I need ActiveStync calendar support.
    TurboTiger & vga4life: thanks for the recommendations.

vga4life: i was checking out Chatter Email (at http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/
    and they seemed to focus on their IMAP push functionality (my email is POP).

Sounds like you've used both Chatter & Versamail (I've only used Versamail). how would you say they compare on features/ease of use?
    TurboTiger & vga4life: thanks for the recommendations.

vga4life: i was checking out Chatter Email (at http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/
    and they seemed to focus on their IMAP push functionality (my email is POP).

Sounds like you've used both Chatter & Versamail (I've only used Versamail). how would you say they compare on features/ease of use?
    No contest on features or useability. Chatteremail is great once you have it set up, and supports just about every POP or IMAP feature you can think of. (Too bad its author has gone to work for Palm and stopped developing it, except for maintenance releases.)
    since my last post, I downloaded the latest version of Chatter Email (3.0.9, updated for the Centro) and got everything up and running with no problems.

i like it a lot so far. it downloads WAY faster than Versamail was. guess I'll be plunking down $40 for it when my trial ends (bit of a bummer since Versamail should have worked out of the box, but my time's too valuable and I don't mind paying people that make good software).

thanks again for the tip, vga4life
    since my last post, I downloaded the latest version of Chatter Email (3.0.9, updated for the Centro) and got everything up and running with no problems.

i like it a lot so far. it downloads WAY faster than Versamail was. guess I'll be plunking down $40 for it when my trial ends (bit of a bummer since Versamail should have worked out of the box, but my time's too valuable and I don't mind paying people that make good software).

thanks again for the tip, vga4life
    My one warning to you would be to watch your battery life before plunking down $40. You may find that Chatter, while incredibly functional, is a bit too taxing on the itty bitty centro battery, at which point you might not feel like using it anymore.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    My one warning to you would be to watch your battery life before plunking down $40. You may find that Chatter, while incredibly functional, is a bit too taxing on the itty bitty centro battery, at which point you might not feel like using it anymore.
    To alleviate the battery drain due to push email I stopped using push and just synch every 30 minutes. For me I don't really need my email instantly, however, I do need the functionality of IMAP. This works for me.

gottago
    I use Versa with my mail2web account and have it set up via EAS and now it has push capabilities.

and Versa is FREE
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I ended up deleting the Sprint program. Too bad. It looks nice, but that's about it. No matter what I ever try, I end up sticking with Snappermail. The simple one key press to either trash emails or junk/delete them off the server is just a great feature.
    Snappermail is the best 3rd party email app for Palm OS
    Its not perfect, but I find it much more functional than any POP3 client with Gmail. Admittedly, I've only compared it to VersaMail on Palm OS, but I use it as my primary email program on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Don't waste your time with it. There is no setting to change the display name for outgoing mail, which means every person you send an e-mail to can only see your e-mail address in the from field.

There is no setting (that I can find) to leave e-mails on the server. It just downloads them, and removes them from your inbox, which means that if you like to use a POP program like Thunderbird to check mail on the same account, you'll probably never get another e-mail with the program again.

It can't seem to figure Gmail out. It downloads messages as being "new", even though they were already received weeks ago, and did not show up earlier in the day when it synced.

Sure, push technology would be nice- which is the reason I was trying it out, but I'll just stick with Versamail, unless you folks have another suggestion to use with Gmail.
    <inappropriate content> There are several setting in the sprint e-mail client, You have to open the actuall e-mail and then click menue and you can change the setting for each individual email you have set up.
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 10/20/2007 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I use Versa with my mail2web account and have it set up via EAS and now it has push capabilities.

and Versa is FREE

mail2web rocks hard!!! Thanks to syphex for passing on the knowledge.

Anyone interested in push email should do this. Not only does it push your email, but it syncs your contacts and calendar as well.

go to mail2web.com, choose the mail2web live and sign up there.

On versa, set it up as EAS and presto!!! sync it and it will sync it for ya. And on a 755p, it's not a huge battery drain since it syncs in the background ( as in it doesn't turn on the screen to push your emails, Snapper does this and it can be battery murder/death/kill if you have it set up to sync every 15/30 minutes)
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    mail2web rocks hard!!! Thanks to syphex for passing on the knowledge.

Anyone interested in push email should do this. Not only does it push your email, but it syncs your contacts and calendar as well.

go to mail2web.com, choose the mail2web live and sign up there.

On versa, set it up as EAS and presto!!! sync it and it will sync it for ya. And on a 755p, it's not a huge battery drain since it syncs in the background ( as in it doesn't turn on the screen to push your emails, Snapper does this and it can be battery murder/death/kill if you have it set up to sync every 15/30 minutes)
    do you know if the free mail2web will allow you to use your own domain email address for receiving and sending? Or will it allow you to retrieve your own account but when you send, it's from xxx@web2mail.com? Thanks.
    Is your domain email POP3?

Because what I do is forward my gmail to my mail2web address and then when I reply it goes out from my XXX@mail2web.com

In most cases I just give people my mail2web.com email address as my email.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    The Sprint Mobile Email program ain't bad for free. It pushes my Gmail & everything.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Just thought I would mention that you are a retard. There are several setting in the sprint e-mail client, You have to open the actuall e-mail and then click menue and you can change the setting for each individual email you have set up.

I just busted up laughing at the first sentence, then giggled a little harder when I saw menu was spelled with an e.

TC is just so much fun.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Versamail with exchange will allow you to access your exchange global address book. No other email software for a Treo will allow this. Other than Blackberry connect.
    Matty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast