Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have my Gmail set to forward all email to my mail2web address (and keep a copy in my Gmail inbox), then mail2web pushes to my Centro. Then on my Centro, in my Versamail settings, I have my "reply to address" set up as my gmail address and I have my signature saying "Sent from my Palm Centro."

That way when they get an email from my Centro, even though they will get it from my username@mail2web.com, the reply to address is username@gmail.com and the signature will explain that I am responding from a mobile device.

Just make sure that your Gmail user name and your mail2web username are the same... just makes things easier to sort and remember.

Example: If you have bart.simpson@gmail.com then set up your mail2web account as bart.simpson@mail2web.com
    I'm trying them both. I have yahoo email and both apps seem to work pretty well. Then again, I'm not a huge email user.
    Wow, Sprints Mobile Email is taking a beating, lol.. Its not that bad... I have my Gmail being pushed or what ever it is you guys call it and it works fine. I use it that way with my hotmail as well..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    mail2web rocks hard!!! Thanks to syphex for passing on the knowledge.

Anyone interested in push email should do this. Not only does it push your email, but it syncs your contacts and calendar as well.

go to mail2web.com, choose the mail2web live and sign up there.

On versa, set it up as EAS and presto!!! sync it and it will sync it for ya. And on a 755p, it's not a huge battery drain since it syncs in the background ( as in it doesn't turn on the screen to push your emails, Snapper does this and it can be battery murder/death/kill if you have it set up to sync every 15/30 minutes)
    This is probably a dumb question, but what are the settings in Versa mail for this? and I'm assuming you can use this on the Palm devices too, not just Windows?

I'm looking for the email address setting, I'm assuming it's name@mail2web.com, but what is the mail server setting?

I'm going to try to just forward all mail to Versa and not use Chatter for a bit.. I use fastmail with Chatter and love it, but it is definitely a battery hog. Can fastmail be used with mail2web also? It's IMAP isn't it?
    (It's been a while since I tweaked any settings, I'm a little rusty )
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but what are the settings in Versa mail for this? and I'm assuming you can use this on the Palm devices too, not just Windows?

I'm looking for the email address setting, I'm assuming it's name@mail2web.com, but what is the mail server setting?

I'm going to try to just forward all mail to Versa and not use Chatter for a bit.. I use fastmail with Chatter and love it, but it is definitely a battery hog. Can fastmail be used with mail2web also? It's IMAP isn't it?
    The setting isn't POP or IMAP... it is "EAS" on a Palm device... the server name is
    mobile.exchange.mail2web.com

your username is your email address and your password... is well... your password... lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post

not familiar with fastmail, sorry.

but once you sign up for a free live mail2web account you can see the server settings to use for the EAS option in Versa...

and, just to save ya the trouble and answer your question, the server is

mobile.exhcange.mail2web.com

hope thats what youre lookin for
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Versamail with exchange will allow you to access your exchange global address book. No other email software for a Treo will allow this. Other than Blackberry connect.
    And Good.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    no need to have chatter sync every 30 or drain battery with push. I use the sms "push" deal. I set up all my emails to send me a text message when I get an email. Then chatter launches & does a sync & grabs the email at that time. it even deletes the sms so I never hear or see it. it is just as good as push to me & saves a lot of battery life!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ View Post
    I have my Gmail set to forward all email to my mail2web address (and keep a copy in my Gmail inbox), then mail2web pushes to my Centro. Then on my Centro, in my Versamail settings, I have my "reply to address" set up as my gmail address and I have my signature saying "Sent from my Palm Centro."

That way when they get an email from my Centro, even though they will get it from my username@mail2web.com, the reply to address is username@gmail.com and the signature will explain that I am responding from a mobile device.

Just make sure that your Gmail user name and your mail2web username are the same... just makes things easier to sort and remember.

Example: If you have bart.simpson@gmail.com then set up your mail2web account as bart.simpson@mail2web.com
    Thanks for the help, but how are you getting mail2web to push to versamail? The closest setting I can get to work, is to have it sync every 5 minutes.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    <inappropriate content> There are several setting in the sprint e-mail client, You have to open the actuall e-mail and then click menue and you can change the setting for each individual email you have set up.
    <inappropriate content> unlike "menue". And, no- your suggestion does NOT fix everything, such as the display name. Thanks for playing. Parting gifts are in the back...
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 10/20/2007 at 09:58 PM.
    kids, kids, play nice.
    Matty
    Just wanted to let everyone know that after an update yesterday, I'm now able to use and access my hotmail account with the Sprint Mobile Email...

The Version I have now is 6.7.4.825
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I use Versa with my mail2web account and have it set up via EAS and now it has push capabilities.

and Versa is FREE
    I have been trying to find a push to program for my Treo 755. I liked the push to capability of the Mobile Email that I got with my 755 but I just didnt like the program much. I have snappmail that used with my Treo 650 but as someone posted before it is a battery hog.

I tried to sign up for web2mail to use with Versa but I cant seem to get it set up correctly. Im not sure what Im doing wrong but Im sure its something simple.

As I said I signed up for web2mail but then when I go back and try to login I get an error saying that the username and password are incorrect. I set the web2mail as EAS on my Treo and set my username as the web2mail and set up the domain to be web2mail. But of course when I try to synch it errors out. I emailed web2mail but I thought I would ask the question here and see what I came up with.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Is it true that Sprint Mobile Email will commandeer some of the Centro's buttons (side button and/or email button)?
    It sure does... with every reset my messaging button goes back to it. It's annoying.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    It doesn't leave messages on the server and doesn't read html email either. I deleted it but it may mature in a few months to be useable for my needs. IMO.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    It sure does... with every reset my messaging button goes back to it. It's annoying.
    Use LudusP
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    no need to have chatter sync every 30 or drain battery with push. I use the sms "push" deal. I set up all my emails to send me a text message when I get an email. Then chatter launches & does a sync & grabs the email at that time. it even deletes the sms so I never hear or see it. it is just as good as push to me & saves a lot of battery life!
    One problem with using SMS for push mail is if the message is long or has a large attachment, the original sender will receive the "message cannot be delivered" message. I had this problem a few years ago so it might be fixed by now, but you better test it.
    does any one have the .825 prc somewhere?
    I was trying to update and the update crashes sometimes at 0% and it has gone as far as 95%
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgal View Post
    I'm trying them both. I have yahoo email and both apps seem to work pretty well. Then again, I'm not a huge email user.
    My Yahoo Mail Plus emails are pushed to Sprint Mobile Email app. One time I tried to send 4 pdf attachments which totalled about 1.5 megs and it didn't go through. I didn't try sending them separately. Did I hit the email attachment limit or was it a PalmOS limit. It was a night when my cablemodem internet was down and I needed to send some contracts. Then I remembered I have documents to go so I synced them on the centro and tried to file attach them with Sprint Mobile Email.
    David
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast