1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from my Treo 650 to a Centro (after a brief trial run of the new Blackberry Curve) and have been pretty pleased with it. My first hotsync imported my email settings from my 650 just fine, but then I ran into a bug with the new version of Versamail (the Centro has v4.0.1 vs. v3.1F on my 650).

I have two POP email accounts. My Yahoo account works fine, but I ran into a problem with my work account (from a domain I have hosted). My work account downloaded successfully the first time but failed on subsequent attempts. If I go into Account Settings and hit "Test Settings", I get a success message. After doing that, it will download mail successfully once and then fail on subsequent attempts. It either shows a message "User login failed. Please check your username and password settings" or fails with no message (I can tell the latter case because no emails are downloaded and also by going to the new "View Activity Log" feature).

This seemed like a bug to me. So I went back in my work account settings to see if any of them had been changed, but they hadn't. The only difference between the settings for my work account and my Yahoo account are that my work account requires authenticated SMTP via SSL on port 465 (but I don't think that should affect downloading mail). Just in case the transfer of email settings from my 650 did something weird, I deleted my work email account and created it again from scratch, but no luck.

I was wondering if anyone else ran into similar issues, and if so, if you found a fix. If this is a bug, I'd like to raise visibility so that we can hopefully get it fixed in Versamail soon. Anyone know the best way to pass this on to the Versamail team?

Thanks!

p.s. fyi, the new version of Versamail addressed one of the biggest UI annoyances from the earlier version: you can now auto-empty email from trash immediately upon deletion of an email. Another nice addition: when you do a bulk delete on the new version, the counter at the top decreases as items are deleted so you can see the progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan650 View Post
    My first hotsync imported my email settings from my 650 just fine, but then I ran into a bug with the new version of Versamail (the Centro has v4.0.1 vs. v3.1F on my 650).

This is what is most likley causing your problem, always set up fresh to avoid corruption.

Muff