1.    #1  
    Way to go with the new high security password requirements on the Good Management Portal. You now need to set a new password so damn complex there is no chance in hell that an actual human can remember it. That means you have to write the damn thing down, which means it is a lot easier for someone to sift your desk or files for it.

It's bad enough that the 5.x release is slow on the supported devices and brings back the flow control bugs to the devices running 4.9x client against a 5.x server, but now I have to stand on my head to get into the portal to see what the clients look like from your end.

I have been a happy customer since the 2.1 days on RIM 957 hardware but all the bugs and slowness on the new client combined with this latest stupidity has just about pushed me over the edge. Right on the edge of moving all my users to EAS and dumping this crap. At least then it would all work right AND be cheaper to boot. I actually need to add some more cals... not going to happen till this clears up. Going to do all the internal documentation and planning I need to move em to EAS.

The SINGLE benefit of Good for my company at this time is the centralized console to display all of my users. That is it, EAS does everything we need just fine but for that. Exchange 2007 and WinMo 6 only add icing to the cake feature wise.

Done with my rant now. Goodguy, kindly go and beat everyone involved with the new password requirements and have them toned down. Especially the dictionary word requirements. I am dead serious on this, I know your dev team will work out the bugs on the client and server in time, but this GMP crap needs to be sorted in the next week or I am migrating my users off and then calling up my ATT, Verizon, and Sprint reps to get my users off Good data plans. I flat out do not have time for this crap.
    I agree.

The new GMP password requirement is the FIRST place/site I have even seen that DOES NOT work with our IT Dept's already very cryptic password scheme.
    I agree 100%. I logged in the other day for the first time since the switch went into place and got jammed on the new pw requirement. I have no idea why this was put into place.

As for flow control errors, that is the first I have heard. And regarding lag, the only known issue is the 755. I have read here about 700P, but I have one and haven't had the issue. What other devices are you seeing it on?
    Fortunately as an end user and not an admin I don't use that site because IMO there is nothing there for me.

I use this forum and all of you contributors as my help/support
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5.    #5  
    To follow up, I have seen big slow downs on Blackjack devices that are ota upgraded to 5.x. If you hard reset them and then reload Good on them, and THEN disable RSS on them they speed back to nearly 4.9x speed, but still a bit slower in jumping between apps.

The rss seems to slow down all devices I have personally tested against, Blackjack, Treo 750, and Treo 755's. Looks like it is just a winmob issue, but I don't currently have a free 64mb Palm OS device to test as well. Can we get a policy option in the future to disable RSS on all devices? Frankly besides the slowdowns, I have had users just plain confused by the silly thing popping up news alerts they we not expecting and did not want.

As to flow control bugs, I don;t know if it actually the same things that were fixed in the last release of the 4.9.x client, but it SEEMS like it is. After the upgrade to 5.0 server, my 32mb devices, almost all of them Treo 650's on heavy mail users seem to need to be walked through a debug/reprov often to get mail flowing to them again. It is random and not all users have it happen.

While I hate bugs, I know they happen and will get fixed. There don't seem to be any killer bugs in any case. The portal crap is a whole other kettle of fish. The still needs to get sorted out, and SOON.
    For what it is worth I have the RSS feeds running with the notifications scrolling across my display and I don't think there is any speed difference when I disable it. I do agree that 5.0 is slower than 4.9 and slows down enough (sometimes) with the Windows auto word complete turned on that I keep it off, but on my device it is such a small lag that it is well worth it to run 5.0.

Not sure if the RSS slowness that everyone complains about is related to that portion of the app running or if it occurs when the reader is attempting to update. If it is the latter then I would imagine connection speed impacts function. I have an HSDPA connection most of the time and maybe this helps--or maybe 5.0 actually runs better on WM6.

I think everyone will be really busy hard resetting (effectively) their devices once the official ATT WM6 ROM is released and you might suggest that users make their first install 5.0 with the RSS reader turned on and see how it works. This won't help those with other devices but maybe WM6 is able to run GMM 5.0 more effectively.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by DefiantRonin View Post

As to flow control bugs, I don;t know if it actually the same things that were fixed in the last release of the 4.9.x client, but it SEEMS like it is. After the upgrade to 5.0 server, my 32mb devices, almost all of them Treo 650's on heavy mail users seem to need to be walked through a debug/reprov often to get mail flowing to them again. It is random and not all users have it happen.
    That explains it. The 650 (nor any other 32MB devices) is not supported by 5.0. You need to bump them down to the 4.9 client.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    That explains it. The 650 (nor any other 32MB devices) is not supported by 5.0. You need to bump them down to the 4.9 client.
    Nope, sorry I was not more clear, my 32mb devices are running 4.9.x client in a custom policy/software group so they would not get upgraded with my 64mb devices to 5.0, and I have verified they have not been prompted to update to 5.0.

It is an issue between 4.9x client and 5.0 server that is random and acts like the same bug that was patched by the last 4.9x client release. In some cases, they don;t even get flagged in the console ad flow controled, they just stop sending messages out, receiving new messages, or sometimes both. I have seen all three combinations.

I have no clue if it is the "same" bug, and rather doubt it is. It just acts like that one did in many ways. I'd give the exact client version but don't have my console up at the moment. For the record, I know I selected the newest 4.9.x.x release available for my new policy group after I upgraded to 5.0, and I had the same thing selected under the 4.9.x server before the upgrade for all users.