1.    #1  
    Maybe someone out there knows how this can be done...

I maintain my WORK contacts in Outlook/Exchange at work, which of course syncs with GMM Contacts.

I maintain my PERSONAL contacts in Outlook at home, which I sync with ActiveSync to Pocket Outlook.

This setup allows me to keep work and life separate, and I cannot allow the contacts to mix for personal/security reasons.

My problem since moving to WM5 has been the "Contacts Hijack" issue whereby all Today Screen lookups, Caller ID, SMS lookups, etc, only look at GMM Contacts.

I have been following GMM fixes and enhancements for longer than I can remember and so far I cannot tell if I will be able to do either one of these things with the new release:

1. Have Today Screen lookups, Caller ID, SMS lookups, etc look in BOTH GMM Contacts and Pocket Outlook.
    2. Choose GMM Contacts OR Pocket Outlook for Today Screen lookups, Caller ID, SMS lookups, etc.

My preference is to have my PERSONAL contacts come up in all situations and use GMM as needed for WORK contacts, but it has always been the other way around. I know that GMM 5 can do a sync from GMM contacts into Pocket Outlook but I cannot do this as this would mix WORK and PERSONAL information.

Can anybody offer any insight into this situation?

Many thanks in advance,
    Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by britdavis View Post
    Maybe someone out there knows how this can be done...

I maintain my WORK contacts in Outlook/Exchange at work, which of course syncs with GMM Contacts.

I maintain my PERSONAL contacts in Outlook at home, which I sync with ActiveSync to Pocket Outlook.

My preference is to have my PERSONAL contacts come up in all situations and use GMM as needed for WORK contacts, but it has always been the other way around. I know that GMM 5 can do a sync from GMM contacts into Pocket Outlook but I cannot do this as this would mix WORK and PERSONAL information.
    Yes, this would be my preference as well for my WM5 device, for the additional reason that MS Voice Command searches the Pocket Outlook contact list for a voice match. My Pocket Outlook contact list is 1/10 the size of the GMM contact list, and i cannot imagine if Voice Command could search such a large list successfully.

The further complication is that GMM 4.9.3 makes it impossible to open the Pocket Outlook Contact application directly. It does not affect the Calendar, however, and if you were to go to create an appointment, and then associate a contact with the appointment, you can get the Contact application to open. Otherwise the only way to change the Pocket Outlook contact list is through Activesync.
    Quote Originally Posted by britdavis View Post

This setup allows me to keep work and life separate, and I cannot allow the contacts to mix for personal/security reasons.

My problem since moving to WM5 has been the "Contacts Hijack" issue whereby all Today Screen lookups, Caller ID, SMS lookups, etc, only look at GMM Contacts.

I have been following GMM fixes and enhancements for longer than I can remember and so far I cannot tell if I will be able to do either one of these things with the new release:

1. Have Today Screen lookups, Caller ID, SMS lookups, etc look in BOTH GMM Contacts and Pocket Outlook.
    2. Choose GMM Contacts OR Pocket Outlook for Today Screen lookups, Caller ID, SMS lookups, etc.

I second that!
    Be patient. This is going to be resolved with GMM 5.0 which is due out...er...wait...you are talking about about 5.0. Oh well. When is 6.0 due out?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Good one ;-)

Seriously though, there must be a simpler solution. It looks like it could be a link that points all references to addrbook to Good's contact instead of pOutlook. I have tried changing property of addrbook.lnk but lookups in Today's screen, SMS, caller ID still refers to Good's :-(
    This is the age old question that every single Good user has had since they became a customer.

I do the same thing you guys do...I keet my exchange/work contacts separate from my home/Outlook contacts. If I try to search for a contact on my Today screen when GMM is active, it only pulls from the GMM database. If I shut down GMM (that is, as much as it it pretends to let you shut it down) and then do a Today search, I get nothing. So GMM does not turn contact control back over to the native database even when it is off. So for many versions now they have broken native contacts.

And the problem is that many of us cannot yet switch to version 5.0 to see if any of this has been fixed because our IT departments won't push out what has been revealed to be a fairly buggy release. I know some of you out there are using GMM 5.0 on your devices. So tell us how the dual contacts scenario works.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT