1.    #1  
    Not that I use the stylus that much anyway, but it would be nice that when I DO use it, that I don't feel like I'm using the stylus from a $79 Zire. Does anybody sell a stylus yet that'll work with the Centro?
    I just got a look at a centro at the sprint store. I was not satisfied with the stylus. And I thought the 755 stylus was crappy. The centro's is worse. Oh boy I do not know if I want this phone at all anymore. Especially the size was turning me off. Yes it's small but also the screen! I guess I was expecting to like it when I saw it. Maybe the red centro will change my mind?
    diane
    Read the reviews -- I think you'll find most are finding the Centro superior to the 755p in most areas.

If a flimsy stylus, which can be simply replaced by a 3rd party one when it comes out, is pushing you over the edge, I think you're missing the bigger picture of what this new model offers.

But to each their own.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    regardless of what's better or what's worse, they always manage to do something to drop the ball, something stupid that people just don't understand. Why put a piece of crap stylus in there when they cost no more than quarter to make. There's thing I expect to buy when I get a new phone. The basic stylus is not one of them. Maybe if I wanted a pen/stylus combo, but not the basic one.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    regardless of what's better or what's worse, they always manage to do something to drop the ball, something stupid that people just don't understand. Why put a piece of crap stylus in there when they cost no more than quarter to make. There's thing I expect to buy when I get a new phone. The basic stylus is not one of them. Maybe if I wanted a pen/stylus combo, but not the basic one.
    The only difference with this stylus is (1) it's plastic and (2) it's hollow

I think they did that because a stylus is barely used in POS and to obviously save weight. I can see from a design perspective how you'd want to cut weight everywhere--making a plastic, hollow stylus, which is not used often, is one way to cut corners. It's not that bad though, it just feels odd.

But I think it's a moot point as if it really bothers someone, they can spend the $5 on a nice metal replacement one. Really though, this is sort of nitpicking. The core aspects of the device: memory, screen, camera, speaker and buttons are all engineered well, imo.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    maybe I'm in the minority, but I use my stylus all the time. It sits in my left hand as I type and navigate. I just flip it up when I need to pinpoint things, but it's always at the ready when i'm doing pretty much everything except when I'm driving.

Just something else you need to buy on top of a memory card, case, extra or larger battery, screen protector, and so on...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I used one at my local Sprint store, and I did not see anything wrong with it. How hard are you guys/gals using/pressing them?
    Last edited by He123321; 10/19/2007 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    I used one at my local Sprint store, and I did not see anything wrong with it. How hard are you guyslgals using/pressing them?
    I agree, I own a centro and have owned every treo since the Treo 600 and while I do agree the treo 600 had a way better one then all other treos/centro but the treo 755p is totaly crap. I do think that the Centros is better then the 755p.
    I've had my centro for two days now. I use my stylus quite a bit. It works fine for me. I also think they did it in plastic to keep the weight down.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgal View Post
    I've had my centro for two days now. I use my stylus quite a bit. It works fine for me. I also think they did it in plastic to keep the weight down.

Also the cost down, but most buyers forget that.

There are also RF reasons, I think. The stuff they put in to make plastic stiffer can absorb radio waves and cause the phone not to pass carrier specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The only difference with this stylus is (1) it's plastic and (2) it's hollow
    I have a hard time believing it's hollow. It's just not that flimsy, IMO. I agree that it would be nice to still have a stainless stylus, but the thing doesn't flex at all when I'm using it, so I'm fine with it being plastic.
    I have the centro since the day sprint released it..

yes the stylus sux... but i'm sure someone will sell me an aluminum one as soon as they can be produced...

but as far as functionality is concerned.. i barely notice the smaller keyboard or screen.. except when I put it in my pocket

this one is a winner... especially at the price point...

I ended up paying $200 for mine, I ditched the 100 rebate to have sprint give me the $25 plan for $10 a month
    I can't believe a metal stylus would really weigh the phone done that much- and I can't believe hollow plastic would cause less rf interference that solid plastic.

I could see the folks that brought us the Foleo sitting around saying- yea, no one will complain about the stylus, its not that important/different than the regular ones.

I'd like to get the Centro- but the problem I have is that to me, its what the Treo 650 or 700p should have been- thus, to me, its 2 year old technology.

Yes they finally fixed the bugs and created a stable phone. Still, its the principal.
    I've noticed that I use the stylus on the Centro MUCH MUCH more than I ever did on my old 600 and 650. The screen is juuust small enough that I can no longer use my stubby fingers to tap the screen.

And yes, the stylus is horrible. I had a Palm V (bought the week they came out and mailed it off to get the 8mb upgrade - anyone else remember that? ) before the 600, and the stylii on the 600/650 were nice improvements. The one on the centro is bendy and flimsy, and I've already caught myself several times reaching for a pen to use on the screen instead. Bad mojo.

Maybe it's time to grow a claw on one finger like the goth/emo guys so I can tap the screen again. Maybe the centro is the counterculture dark horse?
    Is it possible to "inject" anything into the hollow center to beef it up? You know, pop the top off of it and squirt glue... silicone... a metal needle...???
    Seidio plans to release a metal pen type stylus for Centro soon.

Seidio