1.    #1  
    I was setting up my wife's centro last night (which is a fantastic unit) and could not find the desktop version of DTG on the CD. I want to the dataviz site to download it which required that I first registered her software there. Once I finished the registration it told me that there were no downloads available for that type of lisence. I emailed dataviz and they just responded that in order to get the desktop software you must first upgrade to their Premium edition.

Once again Dataviz has found a way to get into our wallets even though centro is supposed to come with the "full version" of DTG 10 Dieter might want to update his review to reflect that this is not a "full" version.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    This is really bad. I can believe they've done that.

So does this mean you can't get a word, excel, or ppt on you Centro from you PC unless you email it to device?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    its onthe palm website. I downlaoded from it last night. I believe its the bonus or add additional software from the cd which then gives a link to palm. you have to enter the serial #.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ^^^^Yes iFalcon is correct (there is a file on the install disk that has a link to click), though I hope you don't have a Mac. For the Mac the desktop software offered is for version 8...which does not work with D2G 10 on the phone. I posted about it on the Palm website and a moderator says he had notified people at Palm about it.

There is a version 10 available for the Mac so I'm guessing Palm just screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular View Post
    ^^^^Yes iFalcon is correct (there is a file on the install disk that has a link to click), though I hope you don't have a Mac. For the Mac the desktop software offered is for version 8...which does not work with D2G 10 on the phone. I posted about it on the Palm website and a moderator says he had notified people at Palm about it.

There is a version 10 available for the Mac so I'm guessing Palm just screwed up.
    I noticed the same thing with the Mac version of DTG Desktop just a few minutes ago. Thanks for saving me the trouble of telling Palm about the error.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    its onthe palm website. I downlaoded from it last night. I believe its the bonus or add additional software from the cd which then gives a link to palm. you have to enter the serial #.
    That's good news. For a minute there I thought it was one step forward and two steps back.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Yes, finding this was quite a pain. I went through the whole desktop setup (whcih I didn't need, the old version I had synched just fine) only to still find no DtG desktop, then having to figure out just what "serial number" the Palm site wanted before I could download. (The phone serial number... not the DtG reg number.) Why they couldn't just stick it on the CD is a mystery.
  8.    #8  
    Thats good news. Thanks for setting me straight.

Can someone post the link.

Its funny that Dataviz tried to get my money instead of telling me about the link. I would venture to guess that since DTG1.0 came out I have spent over $500 with that company and their over priced upgrades.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Thats good news. Thanks for setting me straight.

Can someone post the link.

Its funny that Dataviz tried to get my money instead of telling me about the link. I would venture to guess that since DTG1.0 came out I have spent over $500 with that company and their over priced upgrades.
    I had a similar problem with them trying to determine if Text Plus (which they offered) was the full version or an abbreviated version. No where on their site could I determine this. So I finally went to another site to buy.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover