1.    #1  
    Minor question, but my old Treo 650 had a stock ringtone on it that I liked, and it doesn't appear to be on the Centro. I still have the 650 . . . Does anyone know how I can transfer it onto the Centro?

Or, alternatively, anyone interested in pulling it off their 650 and sending me the file? It's called "Ringer Quick," and it's in the list of standard tones in all 650s. Nothing exciting, just a nice basic ringer and everything on the Centro seems a little fancy for me.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here you go, I just went to sounds and clicked on it and pushed send. Then I emailed it to myself and uploaded it here, just do the same, email to your centro and install it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Is there an easy/free way of installing an MP3 as a ringtone without using RingCare to copy to Palm?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

4.    #4  
    Thanks BenJoeM. Worked very easily. Back to my old familiar ring tone from my Treo 650 days. Feels like old times.
    Google for a freeware app called MiniTones for Palm OS. It saves the file in RAM (commerical apps let's you keep MP3s on micro-SD card). Minitones is great if all you want is 2-3 MP3 ringers. You can use a portion of the file versus the whole file.

Which icon do I use to attach a file to a post?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Awesome, thanks GC!
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Enjoy
    i ran into something similar: none of my custom rings got transferred over when I upgraded from my 650 (which otherwise seemed to transfer all my settings and data very smoothly). the Centro also doesn't have "Loud Aria" on it, so I transferred it. you can use IR beaming instead of email (e.g., if you don't need to post the files)
    Yep, I beemed a bunch off my 755
    I have a bunch of copy-protected ringtones on my 650 that I got from MatrixM way back when ... is there any way to get them over to this new Centro? I can't beam them, they didn't copy over when I hotsynced the new phone, and I can't find the files on my computer anywhere ...