Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyones knows of any.
    What are you trying accomplish with this app? I ask because I use the avvenu.com service to copy from my PC to the device. Anything on my PC and be accessed secirely over the air (using my unlimited data plan of course) via the Blazer Web app..
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Well there used to be a plugin for TotalCommander called filepc2pda, which let PalmOS users to transfer files back and forth from the pc.
    See if it still works (worked fine on Palm TX)
    http://www.ghisler.com/serial.htm
    Works on my 700p
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Tested on the Centro, works fine
    Worked with my XP laptop, not my Vista. PFB is an excellent program. I now use Card Reader due to running Vista on the lap top. Vista bites.

Ben
    Getdeblu... works
    Cool, I've never heard of Getdeblu
    Palm File Browser is freeware and in some respects is better the Card Reader, because its free and because it reads not only the files on your card, but also on your handheld.
    Yes but Palm Files doesn't make the card in the phone look like a flashdrive to the computer. Card Reader does this and makes transferring files a snap through the standard Hot Sync cable.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Palm files has nothing in common with Card Reader. Getdeblu is a bluetooth only solution. As I said before TotalCommander/filePC2PDA is the only free solution (well TotalCommander is nagware but is perfectly usable for free) to access/transfer files on your palm from your computer.
    Another solution is to use the PocketTunes which is built into your Centro's ROM.

Just fire-up PocketTunes and then connect your hotsync cable to any windows computer. This gives you a drag-and-drop interface to the micro-SD card on your Centro, from Windows. Works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    Yes but Palm Files doesn't make the card in the phone look like a flashdrive to the computer. Card Reader does this and makes transferring files a snap through the standard Hot Sync cable.
    I agree Merc. That is why I said "in some respects it is better." In other respects Card Reader is better. I use that app. Of course another cheap way to do it would be to just buy a hardware card reader that reads the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    Another solution is to use the PocketTunes which is built into your Centro's ROM.

Just fire-up PocketTunes and then connect your hotsync cable to any windows computer. This gives you a drag-and-drop interface to the micro-SD card on your Centro, from Windows. Works fine for me.
    This is true, and by far the least expensive, both in terms of money and time. However, the problem comes in when you want to move a bunch of MP3s all at once. That type of syncing can take a very long time. Believe me, I've done it. Card Reader and presumably some of the other suggestions mentioned here, are quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    This is true, and by far the least expensive, both in terms of money and time. However, the problem comes in when you want to move a bunch of MP3s all at once. That type of syncing can take a very long time. Believe me, I've done it. Card Reader and presumably some of the other suggestions mentioned here, are quicker.
    I don't think he was talking about hot syncing the files over to the Centro. Ptunes has built in "card reader" type functionality that works very well. However, it somehow limites you to the AUDIO sub-folder. You can move files once they are on you micro-SD using FileZ etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    I don't think he was talking about hot syncing the files over to the Centro. Ptunes has built in "card reader" type functionality that works very well. However, it somehow limites you to the AUDIO sub-folder. You can move files once they are on you micro-SD using FileZ etc.
    I wasn't talking about Hot Syncing either. My Ptunes is set to automatically communicate with Mediaplayer 10 upon USB connection and turning Ptunes on. I just find it to be slower then using the software app, Card Reader. Perhaps its just me.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...-680-driv.html

Has anyone tried this???? Seems to work on the 680
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I read it, doesn't mention anything about treos or centros.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I posted the PA how-to, so it definately works!

But I am going to get a Centro as soon as they go GSM, so I'd like to find out if it works on a Centro before I get one - once you use DriveMode, you can't go back! Used it on my T5, my LD, and now my 680!

Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...-680-driv.html

Has anyone tried this???? Seems to work on the 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast