1.    #1  
    I have taken the phone off the charger at 5am with 100% charge. Now at 1pm I am sitting at 38%. WTF. I have only used the phone for one 7 min call and a few text messages. I have beam receive off, BT off, this IM app has all connections disconnected and I have set this new Sprint Mobile Email App to not push messages, yet still I have noticed I am never not connected to vision and my battery life is down to 38%. Is anybody else getting this, or is this thing defective.
    Sounds defective. I was at 100% this morning and I been making calls, getting email , getting texts and listening to a few songs on PT and its at 83% .

You might want to try and drain the battery , Reset the device and then fully charge it. Sometimes that fixes a funny battery.
    Did you install GetSportz? That's what was draining my battery yesterday.
    ASUS A8Jp • XBOX360 Elite • NDS Lite & R4DS • Kodak Z712 IS • Creative ZEN 8GB • Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Yeah sometimes its a stray application like GetSportz or Toccer that stays on and drains the battery.One test you can do is to Hard Reset and see if the battery drains without the thrid party apps. then reinstall them and if it comes back then it is a third party app that is draining the battery.
    I made it to last night with a lot left (took it off at 5AM too). Finally got to about 27% after about an hour into a phone call last night. Make sure you have Power Vision turned on in your plan. Mine was eating the battery and it turned out that the phone kept trying to connect to power vision but couldn't and it was taking it forever to log in. Once I updated my plan and had them reprovision the data battery is doing good.
    I just spent my first full day with the Centro. For the many folks here who have experience with the Moto Q, I found the Centro to have longer battery life than the stock Q battery. (Of course the Q is well-known for its poor battery life, but I thought some of you might find this a useful benchmark.) I'm using two email accounts, one with Exchange push integration (w/Contacts and calendar) and the other an IMAP account checking every 15 minutes. I probably got 50 - 75 emails throughout the day, made about 20 short calls, and checked a handful of websites. Started at 8:00 am, now at 9:30 pm I'm down to 29% battery. This was a light day for me, but from past experience the Q would have probably shut down around now. I'm definitely going to have to buy a higher capacity battery, but this was better than I expected. And unlike with the Q, I didn't spend the day checking memory manager to make sure my programs were always closed so they wouldn't eat up the battery. I switched to the Q after carrying the Treo 300, 600, and then 650. I'm sure glad to be back with Palm.
    When I first got my 700p, I was very dissapointed w/the battery life. I tried everything to preserve battery life. Then I determined that I was working for the Treo and the Treo wasn't working for me. At first I was very upset that and felt Palm should gave us a battery that would last. Then I took thinkgs into my own hands and I bought my extended life Siedio 2400mAh. It was great.

So my advice to you guys who are worry about battery life, doesn't let it updet you and just buy the extended battery when it's available. You're life will be a lot more enjoyable.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    sounds more like a vision issue than a battery issue if he seems to always be connected.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    sounds more like a vision issue than a battery issue if he seems to always be connected.
    Also could be low signal strength.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I'm finding that I have to top-off the battery on the Centro a couple times a day or it will get really low. The 650 got that way for me after a year and a half of using it and I replaced it with a better battery.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the help guys. I dont have any 3rd party apps right now so that is not the issue. I have done a hard reset and still the issue persists. What is happening is that the network connection to vision never disconnects even with no applications running, unless i manually go into pref->network->disconnect which I have never had to do on any of my other treos and will not start now.

Sprint support has been completely useless as usual. After several calls and negotiation I got the rep to reset my phone to fact defaults (diff from hard reset) and re-provision my phone. Unfortunately the issue persists even after doing so.

I will go exchange this pile for a new one tomorrow at the store and if they dont have it, I will have sprint mail me another. The battery is probably OK but I think the phone is jacked for not releasing the vision connection. I mean it is even warm most the time even when not in use.
    I have the same problem with my Centro. I fully charge it at night and by the time I leave work (3:00pm) its almost completely drained. I have 2 email accounts set up using the Sprint Mail app and checked the settings on both. I found that there is a box that was checked for auto push (or something to that effect). I unchecked that box on BOTH accounts because I believe that is what is causing the quick drain. This morning I fully charged my battery and will see if the problem has been resolved.

Edit: just saw that you turned this feature off and it did not do the trick. I also noticed that my phone is always warm and believe the power vision is never disconnecting. If you exchange your phone for a new one, please let me know if you have the same problem. If its a defect in certain Centro phones, I will be making a trip to the store as well.
    Last edited by gmugrad04; 10/18/2007 at 07:41 AM.
    Perhaps having the phone reprovisioned may resovle the problem with the phones not disconnectng from power vision?

If you can get a hold of the Sprint tech support they might be able to walk you through that.

In fact there is a way of doing it yourself on the Treo 700p by pressing ##3282#. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

It might save you a trip to the store.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Perhaps having the phone reprovisioned may resovle the problem with the phones not disconnectng from power vision?

If you can get a hold of the Sprint tech support they might be able to walk you through that.

In fact there is a way of doing it yourself on the Treo 700p by pressing ##3282#. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

It might save you a trip to the store.

Good Luck
    They reprovisioned it for me. The issue persists so I went to the store. They ****ed me off as usual with a bunch of typical sprint BS.

They refused to exchange it no matter what I said because they claim in order to process a return from the web they need a return authorization # that I can get from sprint by calling 866-789-8292. I had to find this number myself, he told me to call *2 and I did and got some ***** who didn’t know how to do ****. They also told me I can go to the service dept next door and maybe they can fix it or replace it. I went there waited almost 2 hours just to have the guy tell me that they cannot replace it because it is a known issue with this phone and the new one will do it too, plus they lied and said they don’t have any to replace it with anyway even though the store already confirmed to me that they were in stock.

So I called that 866-789-8292 and I got the slowest rep ever. He literally had me on hold 95% of the time for a 60 minute call and he is saying my order is not eligible to be returned at a store and he will be sending a return pack for the defective phone and sending me a replacement phone in 1-3 business days.

What a waste of 4 hours. I think I will go back and buy a new one and cancel my replacement order with sprint so I dont have to wait and also in case the phone is defective I can just exchange it right there.
    My issue was fixed with the auto push thing that I mentioned above. Sorry to hear about the crap you have been through. Out of curiosity, how many email accounts do you have set up with the Sprint Mail feature? If more than one, did you go into each account and turn off the auto push feature? Reason I ask is because I turned it off on my Yahoo account and had no idea it was still checked on my gmail account. Just a thought....good luck with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92 View Post
    They reprovisioned it for me. The issue persists so I went to the store. They ****ed me off as usual with a bunch of typical sprint BS.

They refused to exchange it no matter what I said because they claim in order to process a return from the web they need a return authorization # that I can get from sprint by calling 866-789-8292. I had to find this number myself, he told me to call *2 and I did and got some ***** who didn’t know how to do ****. They also told me I can go to the service dept next door and maybe they can fix it or replace it. I went there waited almost 2 hours just to have the guy tell me that they cannot replace it because it is a known issue with this phone and the new one will do it too, plus they lied and said they don’t have any to replace it with anyway even though the store already confirmed to me that they were in stock.

So I called that 866-789-8292 and I got the slowest rep ever. He literally had me on hold 95% of the time for a 60 minute call and he is saying my order is not eligible to be returned at a store and he will be sending a return pack for the defective phone and sending me a replacement phone in 1-3 business days.

What a waste of 4 hours. I think I will go back and buy a new one and cancel my replacement order with sprint so I dont have to wait and also in case the phone is defective I can just exchange it right there.
    Man I feel for you. Sprint is so bad at CS on the phone and at the stores.

Good Luck with your replacement
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #17  
    The replacement I bought at the store works perfectly and so does the replacement sprint sent me in the mail so I gave it to my wife to replace her 650. I guess in this case a defective palm centro had netted sprint an extra sale.