1.    #1  
    Mentioned over on PIC
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...0-rom-updates/

From the info shown there are no interesting new features. Maybe they addressed some of the performance problems. Looks like mostly a marketing release with stubs to 3rd party apps.

Not sure what "Enable PTT feature" means. Any guesses?

How soon until we can get it as a custom ROM?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Well, PTT means "push to talk" - a feature that is only available on certain networks.
    I hope it will address some of performance issues.
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Well, PTT means "push to talk" - a feature that is only available on certain networks.
    Since the leak came from an AT&T doc do you think that means their network will support Push to Talk. I have never had a need for PTT.
    Damnit Palm, when will the bug fixes be rolled up for unlocked 680s???
    Set to be released on the 22nd? We got a mission!
    For information on AT&T's Push To Talk service:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/ptt/
    Fix the Bluetooth bugs first!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm wondering what they have planned (or don't) for Unlocked GSM units.
    I'd personally love to know what was up with the update for unlocked units considering that I own one as well, but that's something I'm sure Palm has to be careful in navigating. They already pushed the buttons of Cingy/ATT a bit when they offered the colored models and ATT lost some sales to that. I'm pretty sure that Palm is trying to make sure that they are appeased more or less before getting to the rest of us.

Makes the carrier customizations aspect of a GSM phone really nutty when you have to wait for a specific update for your carrier, rather than one update that would work everywhere. Sheesh.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam View Post
    Damnit Palm, when will the bug fixes be rolled up for unlocked 680s???
    I hope soon! I have an unlocked one, but I would love to be able to have some of the features like PTT, as well as the bug fixes.

Chris
  12.    #12  
    PTT looks nice, but I not going to pay another $10 to $20 per month for the feature.
    Will any of these features be available on unlocked? I actually could use PTT as I'm in the construction industry. I just can't give up using Palm, I've been using it since it's inception.

My wife's 680 is a Cingular model, mine unlocked.

Hmmm...