Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I've uploaded a PRC version of the Gmail for Mobile v1.5 here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=79

Note that this requires the IBM JVM.
    PRC is great - thanks! Stupid GMail site kept telling me it didn't support the POS even though I had installed JVM.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

I've downloaded it to use on my Palm TX and it works great! Thanks!
    wow...this is really great! Just wish there was a way to delete without haing to press the option key!
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    wow...this is really great! Just wish there was a way to delete without haing to press the option key!
    Press the # button to bring up the deletion confirmation window. Press # again to delete. Also works with the DIA keyboard on the TX.
    yes...but on a treo the # button is option+b...hence the need to press the option button.
    I'm trying to use Gmail with T-MobileWeb. Opera Mini works using the proxy setting in the IBM JVM preferences, but I haven't gotten Gmail to work with the proxy. Has anybody gotten this to work?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tftp View Post
    I'm trying to use Gmail with T-MobileWeb. Opera Mini works using the proxy setting in the IBM JVM preferences, but I haven't gotten Gmail to work with the proxy. Has anybody gotten this to work?
    Just set-up Versamail to work, or purchase a copy of Krome for Palm OS.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I'm getting an error stating:
    Sorry, Gmail for mobile will not work on your phone. Your phone doesn't appear to have the appropriate certificate to communicate with the server. Try accessing Gmail for mobile on your mobile browser at http://mail.google.com
    I'm using a Treo 600 with the IMB JVM installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Just set-up Versamail to work, or purchase a copy of Krome for Palm OS.
    Yes, I have and use Versamail every day for checking my Gmail account, but I only keep the most recent day or two on my 680. The gmail client would allow me to access my entire archive (which at a mere 500 MB is a tad too large for my 680). I use the WAP client, but the Java version was a little nicer before T-Mobile closed the ports.
    Thanks, those PCR were a bit help
    How does this app differ from the gmail app that does not need Java?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=gmail
    Laissez Faire
  13. rcp
    Anyone had success with GMail when JVM uses a proxy IP and port?

In this case I need to use 172.16.19.50:8799 - blazer uses this proxy but Gmail can't communicate with it. I tried changing the address to "172.16.19.50<space>8799" but then JVM crashes :-|