Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well,I went to Sprint this morning when I got off work.Explained the situation.And they told me "Yeah buddy,we'll switch you out.".So now comes the part that took me literally took me almost 3 hours to decide.So,I asked them if they have a Centro in stock.Their like "No,we sold the 2 we got..yesterday.Sorry.".So no big deal.I wasn't sure if I really wanted to get it anyway.Because I love the 755p,I just want it to work right.So I BS with the for about 45min..Talkin about the phone.Picking up the 8830 and making fun of it.Laughing at there Mogul because the 5-way nav. key is broken and won't stop pressing down.BSing you know.So I tell him "Alright,Im done.Give me a new 755p.".So he opens up the drawer where the 755s are.And guess what!They have 2 Cenros in there.Yeah I know right.Anyways,so now I'm thinking "ahhhh...why did there have to be one in there.Now I'm not sure what the hell I want to do!".So he opens the Centro and tells me "Get to know her.".So I played around with it.I used every App. on that damn thing.I mostly used the Memos app.I just started typing away to see how easy it was.And like I said before,it feels very natural.Dont think about it just type.The Centro wasn't activated yet.So no Sprint TV or Web demo.So,i just say "Screw it!Im taking the plunge!Centro it is.".So we're checking out.And before he finalized the transaction I yell out "Noooo..stop!Just stop!If I get this Centro I'm locked to it for 2 years?He says "yep".And I ultimately decide after playing with a Centro for an 1 and1/2.That it is just alittle to small for me.Im a big dude(6'6)so I have these big gorilla hands.And the Centro keyboard is usable.But the 755p keyboard is perfect for me.And I text and use the Memos app. more than just about every other app.So while I liked the Centro,I just think that for me..the 755p just fits better.And if worst comes to worst.Im probably getting a job at that Sprint store.So if I really want 1 I can get 1.lol.But I wanted to thank everyone for all the great post and info.Thank u.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    After all that - how do you like the new 755? Is it still resetting, and is the Centro faster?

Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    Well,I went to Sprint this morning when I got off work.Explained the situation.And they told me "Yeah buddy,we'll switch you out.".So now comes the part that took me literally took me almost 3 hours to decide.So,I asked them if they have a Centro in stock.Their like "No,we sold the 2 we got..yesterday.Sorry.".So no big deal.I wasn't sure if I really wanted to get it anyway.Because I love the 755p,I just want it to work right.So I BS with the for about 45min..Talkin about the phone.Picking up the 8830 and making fun of it.Laughing at there Mogul because the 5-way nav. key is broken and won't stop pressing down.BSing you know.So I tell him "Alright,Im done.Give me a new 755p.".So he opens up the drawer where the 755s are.And guess what!They have 2 Cenros in there.Yeah I know right.Anyways,so now I'm thinking "ahhhh...why did there have to be one in there.Now I'm not sure what the hell I want to do!".So he opens the Centro and tells me "Get to know her.".So I played around with it.I used every App. on that damn thing.I mostly used the Memos app.I just started typing away to see how easy it was.And like I said before,it feels very natural.Dont think about it just type.The Centro wasn't activated yet.So no Sprint TV or Web demo.So,i just say "Screw it!Im taking the plunge!Centro it is.".So we're checking out.And before he finalized the transaction I yell out "Noooo..stop!Just stop!If I get this Centro I'm locked to it for 2 years?He says "yep".And I ultimately decide after playing with a Centro for an 1 and1/2.That it is just alittle to small for me.Im a big dude(6'6)so I have these big gorilla hands.And the Centro keyboard is usable.But the 755p keyboard is perfect for me.And I text and use the Memos app. more than just about every other app.So while I liked the Centro,I just think that for me..the 755p just fits better.And if worst comes to worst.Im probably getting a job at that Sprint store.So if I really want 1 I can get 1.lol.But I wanted to thank everyone for all the great post and info.Thank u.
  3.    #23  
    All I can say is wow!This new 755p that I picked up is so much better than the piece that I took back.Ok,first off the screen resolution is much,much sharper.Dont ask me how.The text looks sharper as well as web pages.The keyboard has more of a rubber-gel like texture.It feels more like the Centro keyboard.The other 755p had plastic buttons.Not sure why the're different being its the same model Treo.Whatever the case may be,I like this keyboard much better.The speed of the new one is much faster.there's no lag between apps,the Blazer runs a lot smoother and is quite a bit faster.So I'm extremely happy with my new 755p.I liked the Centro alot.I did.But it was too small for me.Its speed was very good.There was no lag between app. switching.You can open up your Pics,then open your Memos,then open your ptunes.There not any lag that I could see.The screen on the Centro is soooo much sharper.Its ridiculous!!The Centro is definitely a good buy.But for me the 755p just fits my personal style better.It feels more like a PDA and not like a cell phone that can do what a PDA/smartphone can.IMO
    dudrsnacks,

You work fast. You started this thread this morning, and now you're a proud owner of a new 755p. I would surely have to try the keyboard first as well.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    How do you hard reset this thing?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Its like the 650, you have to wait for the second Palm logo, not the one with the progress bar. Hold down the red button, insert battery, wait, then let up on the red button.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12