1.    #1  
    On my 700P when I recieved a voice mail or a Text message , the green LED would go on and stay on to let me know that I had a text or Voice Mail waiting for me. Anyone know how to turn this on with the Centro??

Also while I am asking this anyone know if you send a Text Message to a stranger (someone who does not have your phone number in there phone book) , will they see it is from my Number "xxx-xxx-xxxx" or my name "John Doe" . Just curious. I want to text someone as a suprise but dont want it to show my name on the incoming text. Just the number .

Thanks.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    If Ive read correctly the LED doesn't alert anything other than charging status. Im thinking there's quite a discussion going about a work around.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.
    Chatter Email is taking advantage of the LED on the Centro. If you have Chatter configured to do so, when you get a new email, it will light up the LED solid green.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Chatter Email is taking advantage of the LED on the Centro. If you have Chatter configured to do so, when you get a new email, it will light up the LED solid green.
    Good to know, so presumably an app could extend the functionality soon. Also, the user guide online says the LED *is* supposed to alert you to missed alerts. Dunno if that's a misprint or a bug.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone. I thought the guide said it would leave an alert but mine never does. I was wondering if it was my phone. Once they develop some way to use the LEd for a text and voice mail alert I am in .

Anyone know the answer to my second question about sending text to a stranger. Everyone I send a text to already has me in there phone so it shows up as my name. Im hoping it shows up as my number when I send it to a stranger. just curious. thanks again.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010