Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Interesting, the red version is due out 11/4 and the rebate expires on 11/3

Wife wants the red and I want the black but if it means saving $100 shes going black. Man I hope she dosen't read this thread...
    Last edited by Gottria; 10/17/2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Data change
    the rebate will most likely be extended, IMHO.
    The red is actually due on 11/4 and the rebate expires 11/3. The other thing I noticed was that after adding the Centro to cart, at the bottom of the screen it says "PalmŪ Centro™ $50 Instant Savings: Expires November 3, 2007 or while supplies last." The instant savings right now for Centro is $200, so this could mean that the price will raise to a total of $150 after mail in rebate (if they decide to renew the rebate on the 3rd).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Interesting, the red version is due out 11/4 and the rebate expires on 11/3

Wife wants the red and I want the black but if it means saving $100 shes going black. Man I hope she dosen't read this thread...
    Get the black one for her and take advantage of Sprint's 30 day satisfaction guarantee. When the red comes out, just go swap them out.

That's what my Sprint salesperson told me to do!
    My wife also wants a red one, but I'm not that familiar with the 30 day return policy.

If I bought a black one for her now, would I really just be able to "swap it out" once the red one becomes available? Or would it be more like a return (and wait for a refund) and then purchasing a new red one in the meantime?

And does anyone know how a return/swap would affect the rebate? I wonder if they'd know the phone was returned and then cancel the rebate.

Any opinions as to whether this plan would work would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Get the black one for her and take advantage of Sprint's 30 day satisfaction guarantee. When the red comes out, just go swap them out.

That's what my Sprint salesperson told me to do!
    I'm not sure I trust it but that is what my friend was told when she bought the black one on Sat. at a Sprint store.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    My wife also wants a red one, but I'm not that familiar with the 30 day return policy.

If I bought a black one for her now, would I really just be able to "swap it out" once the red one becomes available? Or would it be more like a return (and wait for a refund) and then purchasing a new red one in the meantime?

And does anyone know how a return/swap would affect the rebate? I wonder if they'd know the phone was returned and then cancel the rebate.

Any opinions as to whether this plan would work would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    I wanted a red and black one through the retentions dept. They told me to take two black and return one. I told them that wasn't good enough for me so they are placing the order for the red one on the 4th.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    But if purchased through telesales I think your stuck by returning it by mail and can't go through the store. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    And soon after that, the white, and pink will be dropped.

Here's a reply I got from Sprint asking about the pricing on the red Centro when it comes out:

Welcome to Sprint. My name is Terri and I would be happy to assist you today.

We appreciate your interest in the Red Centro.

I am pleased to inform you that the Red Centro will be available for the same price that is currently listed for the Black Centro.

When we launched the Black Centro, we were hoping that the Red Centro would be available on the same date. Since this didn't happen, we are offering the Red Centro for the same price of $99.99 after the Instant Savings and Mail-in Rebate.

Sprint values your business and we always look forward to the opportunity to provide you excellent service now and in the future. Thank you and have a great day!

Terri B.
    E-Care
    Sprint
    "Where our customers come first!"

To ensure that we are providing excellent customer service on your self service experience, you may receive a survey on this response.