Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know which 3rd Party Launcher works?

Does LauncherX or ZLauncher map to the home button?
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTiel View Post
    Does anyone know which 3rd Party Launcher works?

Does LauncherX or ZLauncher map to the home button?
    Someone in another thread said that Treo Launcher can not be assigned to the home button but the posters used LudusP to assign it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    That was me ... I've tried ZLauncher / I8 and Treo Lnchr and I really liked Lnchr over all the others - if I could assign UP to be my default launcher though, I'd use that in a heartbeat even though it's not entirely a launcher per say.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

I have Launcher X on mine and it maps to the home button.
  5. FB4
    Lnchr has a new beta out that works with the Centro. Check the Palm apps forum

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=Lnchr
    I'm running MegaLauncher, I've owned since way back when I had a palm T5. Had no problems so far.
    Vinnie
    LauncherX has been ported to the Centro!

LauncherX Download

Jeff
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Launcher X over here. Along with LudusP to map to the home button. Works fine. Only thing I miss in Launcher X is there is no signal strength icon on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Launcher X over here. Along with LudusP to map to the home button. Works fine. Only thing I miss in Launcher X is there is no signal strength icon on the top.
    There should be a signal strength icon at the top of the LauncherX screen! There is on the top of my Centro. Are you using LauncherX version 1.2.36?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Just loaded 36 and it's there, Thanks.
    Initiate 3.28 maps to the Centro Home button and works real good.

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Any good free launchers?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    hey lenny

There is ScreenButton, Switch5, PetiteLauncher and McPhling. All are free and work well.

None of the above can use skins or background images.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Only thing I miss in Launcher X is there is no signal strength icon on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    There should be a signal strength icon at the top of the LauncherX screen! There is on the top of my Centro.

From what I've seen it depends on the skin you are using. I'm using Greyhide and it shows, but it wasn't when I was using some other one (can't remember which one) it wasn't there.

Speaking of which... Jeff, wasn't there going to be a simpler Skin maker program to be released for LauncherX sometime? It's been several years now since anyone has created a new skin for LauncherX it seems. If there was some easier way than using that Codewarrior project maybe we'd see some more skins.
    zLauncher has been my launcher of choice for 8 years now and it works equally as well on the Centro. Yes it will map to the app button, no issues with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayareastank View Post
    zLauncher has been my launcher of choice for 8 years now and it works equally as well on the Centro. Yes it will map to the app button, no issues with that.
    What version are you using? I'm having trouble with the most recent zlauncher version and mapping. It'll map to the home button, but every time I go from an app back to zl, it flips to the default palm launcher before going to zlauncher. I never had this problem on my 680.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I prefer TreoLaunche (aka Lnchr) Looks pretty much like the stock launcher but with wallpaper, calendar and recently used app list. Junctions to the home button just fine. Small and fast =)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FB4 View Post
    Lnchr has a new beta out that works with the Centro. Check the Palm apps forum

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=Lnchr

Been using Lnchr on my Centro for months. Love it! Didn't know we needed a beta :P
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    im using an old version of zlauncher.. 5.43

seems to work fine.. there was a couple of times where i got spit out to the palm launcher... but going back and forth from another screen usually fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have used both zlauncher and treo launcher and I went with treo launcher. I don't really know what you mean by it can't be set to the home button, but treo launcher is lauched every time I press the home button.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast