Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the call duration screen that pops up after you hang up?

Thx in Adv!
    You can try the phone app overlays. They customize icons, unblock call duration log (Sprint) and gets rid of call duration screens. Some do work with the post-MR 700P so it should work on the 755P.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    You can try the phone app overlays. They customize icons, unblock call duration log (Sprint) and gets rid of call duration screens. Some do work with the post-MR 700P so it should work on the 755P.
    Where can i a good app? suggestions?

thx!
    Here is a hack from shadowmite that works perfectly on my 755. It also resolves the call duration not showing up in the Call Log. You have to save this file (don't open it on your pc) then mail the file to your phone and open it there for it to work (that's the easy way). Now, this was for the 700, but works on the 755, and should work on the Centro. If not, install FileZ (you should anyway), and remove it. It will be the one in ROM, not the one in RAM.

To read the post go here and read #62. If you want, read from #1.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=Phone_spcs
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RickMG; 10/16/2007 at 08:45 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    File works great, thanks.
    Matty
    Just put this file on my wife's 755 and works great!

Now - is there anything that will get rid of the "you have X new messages" pop-up when she checks for new mail manually in Snapper?

Thanks
    would it work on a treo 650, im still using one?
    Thanx, I installed this today. I actually didnt mind the call duration screen, but I really like having a record of the duration in the call detail.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I installed the Phone_spcs file in the link but still have the call duration popup after my calls. Do i need to do a reset or anything after installation?

I have a centro..
    ^yes you need to soft reset.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Doesn't work for me, but then again, maybe its because i cant see it anywhere even with fileZ.

I sent it to my gmail account and then when i got my mail on my phone, ran the attachment.

It says its installed, but where do i find it? Anyway, after a call, I still get that annoying call duration window that goes away after a bit. I've soft reset my phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by slag View Post
    Doesn't work for me, but then again, maybe its because i cant see it anywhere even with fileZ.

I sent it to my gmail account and then when i got my mail on my phone, ran the attachment.

It says its installed, but where do i find it? Anyway, after a call, I still get that annoying call duration window that goes away after a bit. I've soft reset my phone as well.
    I'm having the same issue too.
    Just did a soft reset, we'll see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Does this fix still cause a reset when entering the phone preferences screen?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    works like a charm on my 755p.

Open FileZ and then hit the filter icon. Type in Phone_spcs and the hit filter again. Then expand the internal drive and you should see the one that is in ROM, not RAM. That's where you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    Does this fix still cause a reset when entering the phone preferences screen?
    It works perfectly for me on my 755 and I don't think it's ever reset my phone. Actually, my phone has only reset when I've reset it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Open FileZ and then hit the filter icon. Type in Phone_spcs and the hit filter again. Then expand the internal drive and you should see the one that is in ROM, not RAM. That's where you want it to be.

Thanks.. ok, i have it, but it doesn't do squat. I still get that annoying call duration popup after I make a call which is one of the things I think this is supposed to get rid of as well as showing call durations in the call log.

I cant remove it. I get this error: error:dm:Rom based in Update File ()i(Phone_SPCS)
    This is after I unchecked read only as well. It is the one listed in the ROM that I am attempting to remove.
    Last edited by slag; 10/26/2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added info
    I cant remove it. I get this error: error:dm:Rom based in Update File ()i(Phone_SPCS)
    This is after I unchecked read only as well. It is the one listed in the ROM that I am attempting to remove.
    The one you can remove is the first one that comes up of three that show. It' is 127k and does not have the memory icon next to it. It certainly works for me and a lot of others, so I would think you're doing something wrong. Sorry.
    I installed the file, but the only two showing using FileZ in ROM are these:

Phone_SPCS 121k
    Phone_SPCS_enUS 11k

I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    I installed the file, but the only two showing using FileZ in ROM are these:

Phone_SPCS 121k
    Phone_SPCS_enUS 11k

I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?
    You didn't do it right. I would think that the file might be on your expansion card. You can use FileZ to move it to where the other two are. Just filter and find it on your card, and then use menu and move to devise. The two you see are not meant to be removed, so leave them be.
    Found it, thanks RickMG! I didn't mind so much having the call duration pop up as a quick tap of the center button made that go away, but having the duration in the call log is great.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast