Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    I installed the file, but the only two showing using FileZ in ROM are these:

Phone_SPCS 121k
    Phone_SPCS_enUS 11k

I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?
    These are the two I have as well. I was able to get this to work the first time, but I havent had any luck since doing the firmware update to the 755. I have to be doing something wrong because others who have done the update have reinstalled this sucessfully. I've hard reset my phone and have only installed filez, configured my email and attempted this. Still no go. I've tried mailing it via two different email accounts. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Again, you have to take the file and install it on your card. Then, using FileZ, find the file on your card, hit the menu button and choose move and move it to internal. You're done. Don't mean to confuse anyone but I actually choose copy instead of move, and then pasted it to internal. That kept the file on my card for use if I ever hard reset or changed phones.

Here's the file you need to install on your CARD.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Again, you have to take the file and install it on your card. Then, using FileZ, find the file on your card, hit the menu button and choose move and move it to internal. You're done. Don't mean to confuse anyone but I actually choose copy instead of move, and then pasted it to internal. That kept the file on my card for use if I ever hard reset or changed phones.

Thanx. I figured it out last night. I didnt use the card tho. Ihad tried the card, but it didnt want to work either for some reason.

When I got it to work, I used my gmail acct via the blazer browser. I had to select desktop version (vs the mobile version) to dl the file attachment. When I downloaded it, it said it was already on my phone, asked if I wanted to replace it, and then I got the pop up asking if I wanted to accept it into my apps. Before I was trying to use versamail...when I downloaded the file it would say it was on my phone already, ask me if I wanted to replace it and just say it was installed. It never asked if I wanted to accept it into apps. Its working now though. I appreciate the help.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.

FINALLY!!!!
    THAT file finally worked when all the others hadn't . . . (for whatever reason!)
    THANK U RickMG!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    What if you don't have a card or a data plan? Are you SOL?

WATYF
    I was in the same boat- 755p / Sprint, no card, couldn't get it to work. Here's what I did:

1. dl'ed the file to desktop
    2. emailed file as attachment to an email account that I check with Treo
    3. open email on Treo
    4. use stylus to click file ICON, not file NAME, for test7.prc or whatever it's called
    5. pick "Select viewer"
    6. pick "Viewer: Applications" and click "View" button
    7. treo asks "Accept file into applications?" click "Yes"

the hampster spins the wheel for a bit, and hey presto, it works- no more call duration popup.

Hooray hooray for shadowmite!
    oh and PS I didn't need to do a reset, it just worked.
    On a 700p, didn't work by sending to Versamail. Had to copy to SD card and install from Filez. Works fine.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.

Once the prc file is moved using fileZ, what files are installed in the "Internal" category?...I didn't see anything titled shadowmite, but do see three Phone_SPCS files,

1) Phone_SPCS_enUS 11k
    2) Phone_SPCS 127k
    3) Phone_SPCS 121k

Would all three files need to be deleted if you wanted to remove Shadowmite's program? Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSam View Post
    Once the prc file is moved using fileZ, what files are installed in the "Internal" category?...I didn't see anything titled shadowmite, but do see three Phone_SPCS files,

1) Phone_SPCS_enUS 11k
    2) Phone_SPCS 127k
    3) Phone_SPCS 121k

Would all three files need to be deleted if you wanted to remove Shadowmite's program? Thank you!
    If you want to remove the hack, just remove the one that doesn't have the little module icon next to it. I haven't looked and am on PdaNET now so can't look, but I believe it's the top one and don't think you can remove the other ones anyway.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    RickMG,

I just checked mine and the icon(s) looks like and IC chip - anyways, after you remove/delete it (the one without the icon) - I assume you would have to reset the phone for the default to come back into play?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    RickMG,

I just checked mine and the icon(s) looks like and IC chip - anyways, after you remove/delete it (the one without the icon) - I assume you would have to reset the phone for the default to come back into play?
    I really am not sure of that as I don't want to remove mine

It never hurts to reset your phone anyway. I use the program Soft Reset (ranosoft.net/palm) and reset my phone at least once a week so it doesn't reset on its own when I don't want it to.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123