Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have a 650 now and have been waiting for a worthy PalmOS upgrade.

I've compared the specs of teh Centro and the 755p and the Centro matches the 755p's specs. The only spec i can't find is the processor for the centro to see if it has the same or faster/slower. Other than that, hardware wise the centro also has 5 extra megs of usable memory.

Software wise the Centro has cool extras that the 755 doesn't have. I haven't seen anything that shows the Centro comes with Documents to Go though which would be important to a business user.

The centro is smaller and lighter although it sacrifices screen size and key size to do that vs the 755p. Although a 320x320 screen packed into a smaller space should make the Centro's screen appear clearer because the pixels are packed tighter.

Anyway after doing the comparisons, Centro seems to be the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayareastank View Post
    I haven't seen anything that shows the Centro comes with Documents to Go though which would be important to a business user.
    Here you go on the Docs to Go:
    Software on device
    Bluetooth®, Calculator, Camcorder, Camera, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Documents to Go® Professional Edition 10, Downloads, Google Mobile Maps, HotSync®, Instant Messaging, Nuance Voice Control, My Centro, On Demand, Phone, Pics and Video, PocketTunes™ Deluxe, Quick Tour, Sprint Mobile Email, Sprint Store, Sprint TV, Sudoku, VersaMail® 4.0, Voice Memo, Web (Blazer® 4.5), World Clock

and here's the link:
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...erSprint#specs

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    ...I haven't seen anything that shows the Centro comes with Documents to Go though which would be important to a business user...
    It does. I was playing with Document to Go in the Sprint store today on the Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    ahhh the i550.... the greatest phone that never was.
    LOL, nicely put.

I started out looking at the Treo 700 today and here I am now.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    ...I've compared the specs of teh Centro and the 755p and the Centro matches the 755p's specs. ...Software wise the Centro has cool extras that the 755 doesn't have. ...The centro is smaller and lighter although it sacrifices screen size and key size to do that vs the 755p...

Anyway after doing the comparisons, Centro seems to be the way to go.
    Me hopes that Palm hasn't simply cannibalized sales of its own 755p and little else...

It would be interesting to see the sales figures of the Centro and the 755p in a couple of months... I suppose the 755p showing up on Verizon will help 755p sales ... (all that does is show the absurbness of the US CDMA carrier lock/stranglehold on phones...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    Two things:

1. Take up less space

2. Cost less

A few more:

3. Runs faster

4. Loads websites much more accurately.

5. Switches between apps on command, not after a 3 second delay.

6. No static on bluetooth.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Centro all the way. I had a 700p which I really liked but I agree with most comments. Compared to the 700p (not sure about the 755p) my Centro is faster in every way observable, looks cooler, is smaller, browses the web quicker/better, handles bluetooth better, and has better apps like IM built in (compared to the 700p at least). I haven't found anything missing from the Centro compared to my 700p. Even the battery hasn't been a problem and I consider myself a relatively heavy user.

I did run a Speedy test and found that the processor is slightly slower - I got 1471 on Centro and had 1515 on 700p. But apparently Palm made the OS perform better regardless of the "slower" processor because all apps are NOTICABLY faster than my old 700p.
    Centro <- 700P <- 600 (3x) <- 300 (4x)
    (Raises hand from the back) 755P here....ahhh I'm drowning in this sea of centro lovers!!! (Just love the look and feel of the 755P)
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    (Raises hand from the back) 755P here....ahhh I'm drowning in this sea of centro lovers!!! (Just love the look and feel of the 755P)
    Don't feel bad Lupe.I also got the 755p instead of the Centro.And I'm lovin it.Well,my 2nd 755p is the one that I love.My first one was a crashing fool!But since I swapped it out for this new one,Im totally happy with my decision.I tried to love the Centro,but I couldn't.Just too small for my gorilla hands.Lol.Now I'm not knockin it!Its a cool little device.Keyword being little.And I love the soft-paint finish of my 755p as well.I just liked the feel of the 755p in my hands much better than the Centro.And I hate the sparkle job that the Onyx Centro got.I still can't believe that Palm decided that was a good idea.Does the Ruby one have the sparkle paint as well?I hope not.
    I'm a 755p user and am not dying to get a Centro. Smaller screen, smaller keyboard, smaller memory card, and shorter battery life (off the top of my head) are turn-offs for me.

That said, I don't think I could tell a new user or someone at the end of their contract to go for the 755p. The price difference is really something.

Btw, I love the way my 755p feels.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm going to be in this same conundrum soon. I'm getting a Centro courtesy of Asurion, but I told them I reserve the right to switch to a 755 if I don't like the look/feel of it. My main concern is the keyboard since I'll be receiving it sight unseen. I like the look of the 755, but I'll reserve judgment until I get my Centro in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    I'm going to be in this same conundrum soon. I'm getting a Centro courtesy of Asurion, but I told them I reserve the right to switch to a 755 if I don't like the look/feel of it. My main concern is the keyboard since I'll be receiving it sight unseen. I like the look of the 755, but I'll reserve judgment until I get my Centro in hand.
    From my experience with the Centro at the Sprint store, I think you'll like the keyboard unless you've got some super-thick fingers.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    The 755p does have a handful of things in its favor:

1. Larger LCD
    2. Larger, more usable keyboard
    3. Higher-capacity battery with higher-capacity (2400mah) aftermarket batteries available NOW
    4. Larger memory card format (miniSD). So it's slightly less easy to lose/get damaged and is easier to insert/remove from the device.
    5. Rubberized coating is easier to grip, especially if you don't want to use a case with your device.
    6. Larger DBheap/cache on the 755p (unconfirmed)

Other than that, the Centro has a newer app bundle, speedier performance with less lag, a handful of small but nice OS tweaks, a louder speakerphone, a brighter/crisper LCD, a marginally better camera, and a few megabytes of extra usable main memory. Combine that with the lower price tag and the Centro is the better device for MOST users. Now, for myself personally, I hate the Centro's keboard and weak battery so I'd still go with the Treo 755p but I'd try to negotiate a better deal on it through Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    The 755p does have a handful of things in its favor:

1. Larger LCD
    2. Larger, more usable keyboard
    3. Higher-capacity battery with higher-capacity (2400mah) aftermarket batteries available NOW
    For what it's worth, 3200mAh batteries are available, now, too.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Well, yes, I know that but I was referring to OEM-sized (ie no hump) batteries for the 755p.

I've got the 3200mAh on my 700p and it's a MONSTER in both physical size & battery life!
    Sorry for not making that clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I'm exactly on the same boat! I'll renew my contract & upgrade to a new phone. I've had my eyes on Centro for quite a while but I can't stand the look of it. And just like somebody over here said: it looks like a toy (and more suitable for a female than a man, especially with the glitter sparkle things) Size wise, Centro is smaller but thicker and the screen is also smaller and I prefer the bigger screen. So, for size & style, I would pick 755p. Two things that lots of people don't like about the Centro is the location of the memory card that makes it a pain in the rear to remove it and put it back and the battery life (I can live with this since I'm not a heavy user) If 755p just has one thing and I would pick it right away over the Centro is the included applications: I wish 755p has Document To Go 10, Sprint TV, Sudoku.... I just like the look of 755p much better: looks more manly like Centro. But if the Centro is $99 & 755p is $249, I would likely pick Centro but now comes a tough part for me: somebody wants to trade his 755p in mint condition with clear case for the Centro. I don't know what to do....
    I just recently got a 755p. My 700p wouldnt charge any longer. I took it to the Sprint store and they gave me a refurbed 755p. I never made it out of the parking lot with it.

While still sitting on their lot, I opened the box (used) and coudnt believe the condition of the phone they gave me. It looked like someone dropped it into a grinder.

I went to the manager, and I think embarrasment caused them to get a brand new unopened 755p.

At the time, there were no Centros in the store that I was in. I guess after all the reading that I have been doing, I cant quite figure out what makes the Centro any better than the 755p; other than price.

I used the 755p for almost 2 weeks before Sprint told me I would have to put the Mogul back on my account in order to swap for the Touch. Anyway, I have been a Treo user since the 600p and my 755p is perfect. I've read post in which people have said they went from the 755p to the Centro and would never look back. Why is there so much hate for the 755p? Are there issues with the 755p that I shoud look out for because thus far, I feel its the best Treo I've ever owned.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    If I was coming in off the street to start with Sprint and a new contract, I'd buy a Centro over 755p (it's cheaper).

If I had a choice between 755 or Centro as a replacement thoprugh insurance (where they both would be the same price if offered ($50.00 deductable) than that's a harder decision). I would probably go with Centro although the better battery and larger keyboard are advantages for 755.

I guess I'm saying if you're paying $99 for a Centro or $249 for a 755, go with the Centro. If they were both, say $99, then get the one you like better with regrard to typing, screen size, form factor.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I've had the 650, 700p, 755p and now the Centro. The Centro is the best so far. I was worried about battery life also, but they must have improved power handling because the drain after a usual day is not much worse than on my 755p with an extended battery. Performance is snappier and more solid. The form factor is so much better (much more of a difference than the minimal differences in dimensions would lead you to think). Versamail is much snappier and less buggy also with nice background functionality. When I see a 650/700p/755p now, they look really bulky!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I agree with acousticbiker. I have had them all and this phone is by far the best palm phone yet. It runns quicker then my 755p and the form factor is great. I no longer have a big bulky phone.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast