Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hello,

What do you do if you want to listen to music?
    Which headset to buy?

Thanks
    Frank
    what? it doesn't come with a headset??
    diane
    In the box
    Palm® Centro™ smartphone
    Removable battery
    AC charger
    USB sync cable
    User documentation
    Software Installation CD

Here's the link:
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...erSprint#specs
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    No, but what's the point? They're always a POS, and most people ***** about em. Better to save the $3 and not include it ...
    ASUS A8Jp • XBOX360 Elite • NDS Lite & R4DS • Kodak Z712 IS • Creative ZEN 8GB • Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Now what they should have included was a holster, since they saved so much plastic on that cheap stylus they could have used the left over on a holster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbklyn View Post
    Now what they should have included was a holster, since they saved so much plastic on that cheap stylus they could have used the left over on a holster
    With the amount of plastic they saved, we could have gotten an extra Centro in the box
    ASUS A8Jp • XBOX360 Elite • NDS Lite & R4DS • Kodak Z712 IS • Creative ZEN 8GB • Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    No, but what's the point? They're always a POS, and most people ***** about em. Better to save the $3 and not include it ...
    I use the headset that comes with my 755p.
    diane
    I too was suprised not to get a headset...
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    Probably one of the things not included so that they could offer a lower price.

Anyone know if something like this would work so I could use normal earbuds: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2648
    Quote Originally Posted by skyghene View Post
    Anyone know if something like this would work so I could use normal earbuds: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2648
    It would work but I wouldn't recomend it. Search the forums, there are lots of threads about the damage that a connector like that can do to the 2.5m jack. Go with a 90 degree adaptor like this one.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Sorry, I ordered @ Centros' yesterday (for $149 each, free shipping, free activation, 8 months from end of contract, by the way) and Sprint's site says, 'included in the box, stereo headset'. If I don't get the headsets, you can be sure I'm calling CS and getting the 755P stock headset set to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    Sorry, I ordered @ Centros' yesterday (for $149 each, free shipping, free activation, 8 months from end of contract, by the way) and Sprint's site says, 'included in the box, stereo headset'. If I don't get the headsets, you can be sure I'm calling CS and getting the 755P stock headset set to me!!
    They'd have to leave out more than a headset to get me to call. They are the absolute worst to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    They'd have to leave out more than a headset to get me to call. They are the absolute worst to call.
    The last few times I had issues with Sprint I used email. Works great and you have a trail of what you said and they said. They will reply with a history of the email. No holdings and I've always gotten a response within about 4 hours.

Give it a go next time you have any issues.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    to me headpset came w/ my 755p, is absolute worthless.. using bt headset to talk, and 2.5mm converter to listen to music w/ my good in ear set is way better I rather save few bucks and not recive one at all!!
    Yeah, I'm settling in with using my Shure high-end headset and mini adaptor for listening to music, and using a JX-10 II Bluetooth headset for periods of extended talking. So far, a winning combo.

Once Shure releases this in mid November, I'll probably use that 90% of the time: http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P..._phone_adapter

The cheapo headsets included with the phones aren't worth the trouble, IMO.
    Still, if they're aiming this at the young ones or first time smartphone buyers, it's silly not to include a headset. Or a memory card.

Remember that pockettunes is one of the more compelling reasons to get people to buy these (not that palm or sprint will market it). This isn't making it simple.
    A headset and car charger should be standard in every box of any new unit.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I emailed customer service, and they told me to purchase the stereo headset from Palm online, and they'd credit me. And Palm has a promotion, giving away a free car charger along with the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I emailed customer service, and they told me to purchase the stereo headset from Palm online, and they'd credit me. And Palm has a promotion, giving away a free car charger along with the headset.
    Good find samkim,

I hope you wrote down the cs's id# just in case they try to renege on that offer.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast