Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Yeah, I'm a little concerned about buying first and waiting to see if they give me a credit. But at least I have their email.
  2. #22  
    I just checked the website, and I see that they removed the mention of the stereo headset.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I just checked the website, and I see that they removed the mention of the stereo headset.
    I knew it was just a matter of time.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4. #24  
    I too found it interesting that the Centro didn't come with even the cheapie wired headset considering their push last year on the safe-in-car-cellphone use PRPRPR. $Ah$ $well$. $I$ $am$ $sure$ $that$ $something$ $will$ $happen$ $once$ $this$ $hits$ $the$ $fans$ $of$ $someone$ $near$ $Palm$'$s$ $offices$
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    I too found it interesting that the Centro didn't come with even the cheapie wired headset considering their push last year on the safe-in-car-cellphone use PRPRPR.
    Great point Antoine of MMM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #26  
    Same thing happened with the Moto Q on Sprint:

    - headphones
    - mini SD card (512mb)

    Neither came with the phone though it was listed on the box. You had to call Moto and they would send you both (even then, some were sent the Razr headphones which did not work). Eventually Sprint started putting a notice in the box saying it was a mistake.

    Moto's batteries were also 1+ year old in these "new" devices. Sprint also listed the ppc-6800 as having "GPS" as a feature, which obviously it does not. The treo 700wx was listed to have threaded SMS, which Sprint pulled for some reason.

    In other words, nothing surprises me anymore with Sprint/OEMs.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/19/2007 at 01:06 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Same thing happened with the Moto Q on Sprint:

    - headphones
    - mini SD card (512mb)

    Neither came with the phone though it was listed on the box. You had to call Moto and they would send you both (even then, some were sent the Razr headphones which did not work). Eventually Sprint started putting a notice in the box saying it was a mistake.

    Moto's batteries were also 1+ year old in these "new" devices. Sprint also listed the ppc-6800 as having "GPS" as a feature, which obviously it does not. The treo 700wx was listed to have threaded SMS, which Sprint pulled for some reason.

    In other words, nothing surprises me anymore with Sprint/OEMs.
    Just sloppy business practices. Very dissapointing.

    Goof Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. #28  
    Is it ok to use standard 2.5mm universal mono headset with it or or is that proprietary as well as the stereo?

    I generally prefer to wear single bud mono headset for talking. I use stereo only when I'm eating alone and have 5 minutes to untangle it.
    David
  9. #29  
    If you ever want to get straight to a person when you call with no wait normally use this #

    877-349-4413
  10. #30  
    I successfully used the headset that came with my Treo 600 (yeah, I was clinging to my T600 for a while) with the Centro. I thought it wasn't working at first, but it was because it took a little bit of force (eep) to go in all the way. I also tried an AT&T universal 2.5mm and it seemed to work fine, though I got some faint beeping, which may have been due to a defective headset...

    I just tried out the 2.5mm<-3.5mm L-angle stereo headphone adapter that I used with my T600 and it works fine with the Centro. Now I just have to scrounge up a microSD card...
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Yeah, I'm settling in with using my Shure high-end headset and mini adaptor for listening to music, and using a JX-10 II Bluetooth headset for periods of extended talking. So far, a winning combo.

    Once Shure releases this in mid November, I'll probably use that 90% of the time: http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P..._phone_adapter

    The cheapo headsets included with the phones aren't worth the trouble, IMO.
    what shure headset do you use? instead of the adapter, i am considering one of shure's combo headsets in the i series, made for treo.
  12. #32  
    I'm using their SE530's, which I bought a while back. The SE530's are probably overkill for listening on the Centro for most folks, but I do LOVE them.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions