1.    #1  
    Has anyone else run into this yet?
    It didn't hapen the first few times I used it but for some reason now whenever I plug the hot-sync cord into the "Sync Connector" on the Centro and then into my laptop, it causes a reset that keeps looping (reseting) until I unplug it from my laptop.

• I'm using the original hot-synch USB cord that came with the Centro
    • It doesn't seem to matter what application I'm in at the time that I plug it into the laptop
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Do you have a card reader program installed (such as Card Export)? I know for a fact with an earlier version of that program, you would get this type of behavior. Any other 3rd party apps installed that might be conflicting?
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Do you have a card reader program installed (such as Card Export)? I know for a fact with an earlier version of that program, you would get this type of behavior. Any other 3rd party apps installed that might be conflicting?
    Other apps like pTunes and Audible Player can also try to establish live connections to the destktop (for syncing files) if they are running when you connect the device to a computer via USB. And the Centro also comes with some sort of "Sprint Music Manager" program that probably does the same thing.
    happened to me. i think cardexport was the culprit. hard reset fixed it. haven't (and won't) reinstall cardexport
    I had it happen to me and It was after I installed Card Export . I removed Card Export but still had it until I did a recover using NV backup. Do not use Card Export until they have a fix. It will mess up your system. Card Reader works if you need to use that function.
    Anybody used The Missing Sync's version that does the same thing as Card Reader/Export? Does it work without this issue?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I did have Card Export on my Treo 650 and it was brought over to my Centro when I ran the install program.

I've since tried:
    • Removing Card Export
    • Installing Card Reader
    • Removing Card Reader
    • Installing v2.26 of Card Export (for the Treo 755p)
    • Removing v2.26

After each of these steps I tried connecting the USB cable and again got the reset loop.

I really hate to think that I am going to have to do a Hard Reset to get rid of the problem. Does anyone know what file it might be leaving behind after I delete it (through the normal Palm Delete menu)?
    a hard reset might be it. Once something has been put on, it can leave trailing effects after it's been removed. An HR is not that hard. move the backup folder to your desktop. sync up the centro. add back in the other programs. Small price to pay for a fresh start.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  9.    #9  
    I just did some digging and found the answer in, of all places, the Card Export User Manual. Go figure. RTFM

From the user Guide:
    6. Card Export II Uninstallation
    You can remove Card Export 2 files by selecting “Uninstall” menu item from Card Export II main menu. After removing Card Export II files you can remove Card Export II executable from standard Launcher.

I got a strange message when I did the uninstall. Something like “Your RAM USB driver was not copied by Card Export. It could have been installed by a system update. Do you want to continue?”

I selected Continue. It then prompted me to Reset the Centro – I did. I then did the standard Delete from the launcher and now my reset issue is gone. Yippee!

Thanks to everyone that helped. I hope this thread will help others that will run into the same issue.

BTW: I have now installed Card Reader and it is work well for me.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes...you must do the "Uninstall" option before removing Card Export via the Palm Delete. This will solve the reset issue.
    This just started happening to me. I'm trying to avoid the hard reset. I tried the options suggested here with no resolution.

Any other suggestions?