Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    1 - Does the Treo not support/have the free form Note Pad that I had in my Palm TX? Any way to get it on?

2 - Does this forum have an RSS feed link so I can pull in any new posts?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Well I can answer the first question. The Treo does not have Notepad installed on it out of the box. You could add a third party replacement (such as the free Diddlebug) or, if you still have your TX (or other device that has Notepad) you could copy it over (such as Beam or Bluetooth from the TX to the Treo) three required files from that device to your Treo.

They are:

Note Pad.prc

Note Pad_enUS.prc

CompressionPng.prc

You need to have all three files copied over for the app. to work on the Treo (at least that's what worked for me).
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Well I can answer the first question. The Treo does not have Notepad installed on it out of the box. You could add a third party replacement (such as the free Diddlebug) or, if you still have your TX (or other device that has Notepad) you could copy it over (such as Beam or Bluetooth from the TX to the Treo) three required files from that device to your Treo.

They are:

Note Pad.prc

Note Pad_enUS.prc

CompressionPng.prc

You need to have all three files copied over for the app. to work on the Treo (at least that's what worked for me).
    I still have the TX but have no idea how to beam or bluetooth the files?? can you walk me thru that please? Thx.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post

They are:

Note Pad.prc

Note Pad_enUS.prc

CompressionPng.prc

I figured out how to beam - pretty slcik - but I get an error when trying to run Notepad on the Treo 700 - reads "application cannot be launched becasue its missing localization information".

I also note its missing the icon in LauncherX but not in Treo Aps menu.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Got it - had to also transfer notepadenus and notepaddb.

Thx for the help!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Glad it worked for you!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43