1.    #1  
    Sucks battery life like crazy. I can't choose the intervals at which it auto checks, but it's draining my freakin battery since I got up this morning. I just deleted my account so hopefully it'll stop. I don't want to remove it because it's the fastest way to check GMail - but the thing is auto connecting like every 5 minutes.

Was anyone able to setup the auto-check intervals?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Had the same problem, combined with my Vision issue yesterday that killed the battery. I just deleted everything and I am back to versamail for everything including Gmail. Battery is at 93% and has been off charger for almost 5 hours. It is slow, but seems to get it done. I am wondering if Sprint is doing something that is slowing down POP requests to major servers like Google, Yahoo, etc. to try to get people to use their app.
    Not sure if Snappermail work with Gmail but so far Snappermail is running great on my centro. I just get my regular pop email account. I dont have a Gmail or Yahoo account. I think you can try it out before buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Not sure if Snappermail work with Gmail but so far Snappermail is running great on my centro. I just get my regular pop email account. I dont have a Gmail or Yahoo account. I think you can try it out before buying it.
    Yes SnapperMail has a trial period and is worth taking a look at. I did this on my 700p and bought it after the trial and was sorry I hadn't discovered it before.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    Had the same problem, combined with my Vision issue yesterday that killed the battery. I just deleted everything and I am back to versamail for everything including Gmail. Battery is at 93% and has been off charger for almost 5 hours. It is slow, but seems to get it done. I am wondering if Sprint is doing something that is slowing down POP requests to major servers like Google, Yahoo, etc. to try to get people to use their app.
    I'm gonna find a good push mail service and just change and use Versa or something. Any ideas for a good push client?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Try turning off the push email setting and using scheduled receiving intervals. It's under settings, preference, schedule.
    On my 755, I use versamail in combination with mail2web.com's free live service to get gmail pushed to me. on mail2web, get the "live" exchange e-mail, forward gmail to it, and set up exchange activesync on versamail. it works really well almost all the time and the battery drain isn't so bad. Remember to turn off beam receive and bluetooth when you're not using them. I've found that helped my battery life substantially.
    Last edited by oddlou; 10/16/2007 at 11:35 AM.
    That's weird cause I set up my sprint email client with pulling 3 different e-mails being pushed to my phone every 30 min. I unpluged my phone from the charger at 6am this morning and its noon now and its at 88%, and I have also made a few phone calls and searched the web a little. Weird that you're having this problem. Must me a setting or something.
  9.    #9  
    Ok, well I went back to Sprint Email because I actually think it was GetSportz that was f'in me up.

Anyways, how can I force it to download email, because the data connection here screws up in my building and cancelled my last download. Also, where can I change the intervals, or is it actually a push technology now?

nope still not true push. All it does is use your SMS text messages to alert your of new email. Just make sure that if you activate that service in the program that you have unlimited SMS messages.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    nope still not true push. All it does is use your SMS text messages to alert your of new email. Just make sure that if you activate that service in the program that you have unlimited SMS messages.
    Heh that's not good - it doesn't warn you. Isn't that the old way of doing it with Exchange?

Maybe I'm not really sure. I'm only familiar with exchange 2003 (which Ive spent the last 2 months learning) and it uses http to transmit any updates.