1.    #1  
    The only problem is: When talking to other people, they hear static from their phone when I talk.

The only way to talk to others is through a bluetooth device. Other than that, everything works perfect.

I just had a repair shop replace the mic, but still the same problem.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdpnoy View Post
    The only problem is: When talking to other people, they hear static from their phone when I talk.

The only way to talk to others is through a bluetooth device. Other than that, everything works perfect.

I just had a repair shop replace the mic, but still the same problem.

Any thoughts?
    If you're saying the static exists when using the bluetooth headset, then make sure the headset and your Treo are on the same side of your body. For example, I hear static when my Treo is in my left pants pocket and my BT headset in on my right ear.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Did you try with the wired headset?
    Maybe some corrosion in the board... do you put the palm in the washroom often when you shower etc?

Most of people get static when using BT.. not when using direct mic or wired headset...
  4.    #4  
    Using a wired head set does not work. Using a bluetooth device is the only way to talk with my phone.

thanks for all your inputs.
    Just a thought, but if the wired headset doesn't work, given all the problems caused by the jack, try downloading Volume Care and set it to bypass the headphone jack. It's worth a try.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Just a thought, but if the wired headset doesn't work, given all the problems caused by the jack, try downloading Volume Care and set it to bypass the headphone jack. It's worth a try.
    Unfortunately, its not just that. I get the static just talking on the phone without any headsets on.

I'll try your recommendation though. Thanks.