1.    #1  
    im just wondering if you can accept incoming phone calls when using tomtom6 on my treo 650
    yes
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yes, you can, sort of... Mine freezes up after the call and I have to reset my treo and restart tomtom. Anyone else experience this?
    i think it's happened once to me... but before i start TomTom and get on the road i do a reset to clear out any other programs in memory. I think that has something to do with it.
    PS TomTom is awesome on Treo... and EVERYONE is amazed

But my Treo 650 is fine and can't find a reason to upgrade to anything else... only thing is i have an itch to spend some money on a new phone!!! DAMN IT PALM!! I want to spend money!!! make a newer thinner one with WiFi and all that other crap.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    agreed, tom tom is probably the best investment i've made on my treo. I have the same itch as you antonio, i want a new sleeker phone!!! Damn Apple for making such a sexy new phone.
    No problem, my wife calls me all the time while I am out geocaching, often while I have TomTom running as I navigate from cache to cache. No problems.

Can even use a BT headset during, on the 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by imforcanada View Post
    im just wondering if you can accept incoming phone calls when using tomtom6 on my treo 650
    Yes. It kills Tomtom. I have missed no calls but lots of turns. Tomtom does resume the current route in an orderly manner when it is restarted. Because I use a BT handsfree and a BT GPS and because the Treo can only use one BT device at a time, I have to wait until the end of the call to restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Yes. It kills Tomtom. I have missed no calls but lots of turns. Tomtom does resume the current route in an orderly manner when it is restarted. Because I use a BT handsfree and a BT GPS and because the Treo can only use one BT device at a time, I have to wait until the end of the call to restart.
    Only true for the older Treo's.. I don't keep up/care about the 7xx Treo's, but the 680 is BT 1.2 and will work with multiple Bluetooth devices at once. Just being pedantic, I know the OP has a 650 so this is a limitation he'll have.
    So, one good reason to move from a 650 to a 680 is multiple BT device support.. any other reasons? I too am itching to make some sort of upgrade, but I can't see any reason to yet. I've got an unlocked 650 GSM, will not use windows... any suggestions?

I love Tom Tom on my Treo, freakin' amazing.
    -mbd26