1.    #1  
    I've just moved from the sprint mogul and have even tried the Blackberry 8830. The volume level on both phones seems a lot higher. The earpiece volume on my centro is average. I have volume turned all the way up. Some are telling me that their earpiece is so loud it almost blows their ears out when the volume is way up. Anybody else have the same issue I do?
    it's a longstanding issue with palm devices to have the earpiece speaker be too low.

The good news is that the speakerphone speaker is much louder than on previous treos..

The other good news is that you can probably install VolumeCare and fix the issue.

...the bad news is that you were forced to ask in the first place because the volume was too low.

Welcome to TreoCentral!
    I thought people have been reporting good earpiece volume>?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Earpiece works fine for me -- plenty loud.
    I wish the volume would stay turned up though ... keeps resetting itself during calls for me.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Girlfriend who is slightly deaf in one ear said that volume is pretty good compared to the the 600 and 650. Before she couldn't out the treo on the bad ear now she can
    Sorry, shoulda been clearer - the earpiece is about as good at the 700 series Treos, which is better than the 600/650.

But I could also be going deaf.
    Definitely louder than a 650. The speaker on the back of the device is outstanding -- much, much louder and clearer than the 650.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    I am assuming that the tinny sound of the speakerphone on the 700p is not present?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Probabaly defective. The volume on the centro is VERY loud in comparison to all other treos. Compared to the 6800 and 8830 I dont know. Although it seems to me a lot of people turn the volume up way too loud. I should not hear someone elses conversation through their phone when standing by them but this happens all the time.
    Yesterday I noticed the earpiece volume went way down or I am getting extremely deaf. Which I doubt because I had my wife listen and she can hear a mouse in the grass from 50 yards. She claims it is very quiet on the loudest setting. I already have volume care installed. Does this mean the centro is shot?
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I already have volume care installed.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    Yesterday I noticed the earpiece volume went way down or I am getting extremely deaf. Which I doubt because I had my wife listen and she can hear a mouse in the grass from 50 yards. She claims it is very quiet on the loudest setting. I already have volume care installed. Does this mean the centro is shot?
    I've experienced this problem before, I think it might have been due to Butlers alarms or pTunes. I find the volume dialogues confusing, there's ringer, voice and speaker but access to them is strange...
    Sometimes I will make a free service call as it's dialling:
    - I will put the volume to full
    - then once it's answered I can make it louder again (volume goes up but the GUI doesn't look like it ever went up - even though it did)
    - then I put it on speaker and it will do it again.

Once this process is complete, my volume is back to normal - a bit strange if you ask me...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    The volume on the Centro is fine for most situations, but if you are in a noisy environment, it can get hard to hear.

I installed phone technician from hobbyist software, used the Sound Booster feature and the volume is good for all environments now.