View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a holster for the Centro?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 70.59%
  • No

5 29.41%
  1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if they'd be game for making one again, but considering the 500 is in Europe and the Centro is here, there would be a large enough market to consider it. The design seems like it would do well with their style of holster, and since it's fairly symmetric from front to back, it might be able to be reversible depending on if you'd like to use it at as a playthrough holster or have it facing in for protection.

I don't think the design would have to be the extensive hinge type Seidio has had in the past, so it might be up their alley. And I convinced them to get into the holster business in the past. Might have an opportunity to do it again. Their designs were always the most sturdy and protective. It'd have that velvet coating too to reduce wear around the contact points and help protect the finish. Generally they'd retail at $25 plus $8.50 shipping, but with my discount I've gotten them down to about $28 or so shipped.

I set up a poll to gauge interest so I can forward this thread to them if it develops positively.

I'm also looking to see if I can can get them to make a smaller version of their adjustable holder. They originally made it for a skin or cased ipod, and it worked well for the Treo and othe PDA phones, but with the Centro being narrower, the adjustable one is too big. With a lot of phones and media players getting smaller with the landscape screens, a smaller adjustable holder could sell well too. And their adjustable holders are the nicest ones on the market, much better than the spring grip ones.
    Last edited by crogs571; 10/15/2007 at 10:05 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2.    #2  
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yes - I'm going to be getting a GPS receiver soon, so something to mount would be handy.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

4.    #4  
    I've already mentioned to them about the device holder. A dedicated one will be a definite. The smaller adjustable one is my idea to them. We'll see how they respond. Not sure if they have a hold of the phone yet or not. Would hope Brodit (the parent company) has one since they're in Europe with the 500 has already been released. It's just nowhere on their site yet.

That bluetooth keychain receiver was catching my eye too.
    Last edited by crogs571; 10/15/2007 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I've already mentioned to them about the device holder. A dedicated one will be a definite. The smaller adjustable one is my idea to them. We'll see how they respond. Not sure if they have a hold of the phone yet or not. Would hope Brodit (the parent company) has one since they're in Europe with the 500 has already been released. It's just nowhere on their site yet.

That bluetooth keychain receiver was catching my eye too.
    Yah, that's the one I'm looking at also! I wanna know about the battery life though ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

6.    #6  
    think it's supposed to have 10hrs of run time. It charges via USB. Could always pick up the gomadic dual cord with a mini USB tip and treo tip so you have one outlet charging both if need be. Could put a quick release on the gps so you could easily disconnect it from the keychain for when it needed charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Yah, that's the one I'm looking at also! I wanna know about the battery life though ...
    i use case i got on ebay for my razr2 its a perfict fit! i show it but i dont understand how to upload a picture with this script prompt.

can anyone instruct. thanks.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
  8.    #8  
    there's an attachment link. the way you're attempting it to pull the link of a pic off the net.

A case is one thing. I don't like pouch cases in any way shape or form. I like holsters I can pop out the phone in one quick step, or I want it to be playthrough so the phone faces out. I think there are holster people and case people. But do post the pic or the link to it on ebay for those that want something like that.
  9.    #9  
    so proclip should be about 3-4 weeks away from having a device holder for the car. I also have them looking into the adjustable holder that is really nice, and it wouldn't be obsolete once your Centro is. They are head and shoulders above the cheap vice grip ones from the other guys.

They are also looking into a holster as well. I did like their holsters, and the key here would be to make it play-through with a face out design. Ideally I'd like to see it be reversible. Something you can't do with injection molded designs. Will update when I know more.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    so proclip should be about 3-4 weeks away from having a device holder for the car.
    Ryan-

Any update on this? We're about 3 weeks out from your post....

Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  11.    #11  
    have an email out to them. crossing fingers on the holster. will update as soon as they respond. Just double checked brodit's site to see if they just didn't say anything, but it's not there either.