1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

Anyone know if the Centro can sync with the mac using bluetooth?

I seem to remember that past Treo devices couldn't do this. Is the centro any exception?

Regards,

CmdrGuard
    I haven't tested it, so I can' tbe sure, but an even bet is that MissingSync will work just fine.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Conrad.
    Works fine between my MacBook Pro and Centro. I usually use USB for the initial sync and installation of large files, and BT for everything else.
    Headcase, can you please describe how you did this?
    Thanks,
    Gary
    You might have to add Bluetooth profile in the sync page of the centro?

Pair the device with the computer, even though it will say that the device has no services or something like that?

Then open missing sync make sure BT is selected.

sync from the device not the Mac
    Yeah, that's exactly what happens ... the device is paired I can xfer files from Mac to centro and centro to Mac. can xfer Address book contacts and iCal. But when I add MacBook Pro to Centro's HotSync list and try to sync I get a message like "the port is in use by another application" on my Centro.

Trying to do it without the Missing Sync because I can get iCal AND contacts without it. Just can't do the bluetooth.
  8.    #8  
    It's cool to see my thread still going strong from a year ago.
    Did you get it figured out without having to purchase the missing sync CmdrGuard?
  10.    #10  
    Sorry Gengel, I did end up getting the missing sync. But the software does indeed do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gengel View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what happens ... the device is paired I can xfer files from Mac to centro and centro to Mac. can xfer Address book contacts and iCal. But when I add MacBook Pro to Centro's HotSync list and try to sync I get a message like "the port is in use by another application" on my Centro.
    I get the same error when I try to sync to my MacBook via BT.

I have a Centro and a MacBook, trying to sync over BT. I get the following error when I try to enable HotSync in the HotSync Manager on the Mac. (Picture 1.png)

When I try to sync over IR, I get this error: "The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dead-thread Necromancer