Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone able to extract the new version of versamail 4.0.1 yet? I would appreciate anyones help with this. I would like to try it out on the 755. Thanks in advance.
    bump...want to do this too
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    bump, count me in
    Matty
    I concur.
    Hello? Is anybody out there?
    Matty
    Just got my Centro today. I'll give it a try if someone can provide me with instructions.
    I found two files in the rom that were in the versamail group: VersaMail.prc and VersMail_enUS.prc. However, when I installed these on my 755p, versamail stayed at v 3.5.4. Don't know if there are other files I should have sent or what.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro View Post
    I found two files in the rom that were in the versamail group: VersaMail.prc and VersMail_enUS.prc. However, when I installed these on my 755p, versamail stayed at v 3.5.4. Don't know if there are other files I should have sent or what.
    Can you please post all the files you can for it? Those are probably the right files but need to be installed a certain way. I would love to help experiment Thanks again for the feedback.
    me too
    Matty
    Me also...
    bump?
    Matty
    sorry, but what does "bump" mean?
    it "bumps" the thread to the top of the board.
    The Centro has VersaMail version 4.0.1, while the Treo 755p has VersaMail version 3,5,4.

The differences that I can see are:

ICON ORDER
    ------------
    On the top of the mail screen:
    On the Centro the icons are in this order: drop-down menu for folders, number of messages, signal strength
    On the 755p the icons are in this order: signal strength, number of messages and drop-down menu for folders

while viewing a email message:
    On the Centro the icons are in this order: hide\show message header toggle, signal strength
    On the 755p the icons are in this order: signal strength, hide\show message header toggle

while viewing a email message; Option drop-down:
    On the 755p the drop-down includes a item to toggle from "Use standard font" to "Use Smaller Font". This does not exist on the Centro.

Smarter Email Setup on Centro
    -----------------------------
    When you enter the email address, the help area below will automatically provide important information about the email service.

Enter me@yahoo.com and the message will read: "Yahoo! mail is accessible only if you subscribe to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service which includes POP access"

Enter me@hotmail.com and the message will read: "VersaMail does not currently support Hotmail/MSN mail systems. You can use the device's web browser at www.hotmail.com"

Enter me@gmail.com and the message will read: "To access Gmail, you must turn on POP access on the web. See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273"

Even the ones that it does not have a message for, like .mac, attglobal.net and others, it will complete the rest of the address for you if it is a known domain. With these domains, you don't have to know the settings for the POP or SMTP.

Background Syncing
    -------------------
    When syncing the email, contacts and calendar items on the Centro, they are sent in the background. A rotating circle in the lower right corner shows that the background activity is occuring. While this is going on, you can read your email and even exit the application. One the 755p, you have to wait until the items are sync'd before you can move on to the next action.

Activity Log
    ------------
    On the Centro, there is a "View Activity Log" item on the "Option" menu that keeps a log of DirectPush and manual syncs.

Email Preferences
    -----------------
    The Preferences screen has the same 8 items, but the "Auto Sync" section is removed on the Centro and the two items are placed in the "Delivery" section.

On the Centro, in the Deletion link in Preference, they included a check box for "Delete mail on server after deleting from Versamail". This does not exist on the 755p.

On the 755p, in the "incoming" preference screen, there is a drop down for to get "entire message" and "Subject only". This does not exist on the Centro.

On the 755p, in the "Alerts" preference screen, there is a "Alert me of failures" and "Alert me of new mail". The "Alert me of failures" does not exist on the Centro.
    Last edited by MsTiel; 10/23/2007 at 05:58 AM.
    Some of the menu items you say are not on the 755p, are there. But anyway, could you post the VM files from the Centro?
    thanks
    Matty
    anyone able to get Versamail out of the Centro and onto the 755p yet?
    yep.
    one more bump for good measure...
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    man, this is h&ll trying to get someone to post the files.
    Matty
    What is this, AOL? Enough with the 'me toos' already.

If you didn't buy the Centro, you're not entitled to the software that comes on it. Sorry.
    Last edited by vga4life; 10/18/2007 at 06:45 PM.
    That's a harsh indictment.
    Matty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast