Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    bump
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    What is this, AOL? Enough with the 'me toos' already.

If you didn't buy the Centro, you're not entitled to the software that comes on it. Sorry.
    quit being a ******. We are here to help each other out if you have a problem with that then your in the wrong forum. We were asking for help getting a program that comes free with the phone.

There's a good chance they are going to make an update for the 755 I just don't feel like waiting snce I use it pretty heavy through out the day. All we are asking is that someone helps us out.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    quit being a ******. We are here to help each other out if you have a problem with that then your in the wrong forum. We were asking for help getting a program that comes free with the phone.

There's a good chance they are going to make an update for the 755 I just don't feel like waiting snce I use it pretty heavy through out the day. All we are asking is that someone helps us out.
    I agree completely. This is an update that should be on the more expensive Treo. I would love an updated Versamail. I use this program heavily.
    As many Centro owners have posted in here, you would someone would post the files. We even had one do a comparison of the different versions, but still didn't post the files. Can someone offer 5 bucks for the files? LOL
    Matty
    bump(feelin unloved)
    Matty
    I dont know how to extract it but would like to go back to the previous version if anyone has that extracted.
    Here is how to extract if anyone is concerned:
    Install RescoExplorer. Open ROM -> select all files -> Menu - Copy To -> Expansion Card
    Using a cardreader take all the files from the card to the PC.
    Files needed:
    1. All that start from Hx* (HxSync, and others)
    2. All that start with MM* (MMWizard, etc)
    3. Multimail and enUS
    4. Versamail
    5. All VM* files (VM_Sentinel, etc)
    6. All *SAM files (AirSAM, PopSAM, HollySAM)

Regards,
    Ryhor
    Now that the steps are posted, can someone take 5 minutes and get these updated Versamail files? I am antsy to hard reset my 755p after I bork it by loading these on it.

http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/
    yep.
    Any chance that these versamail files could contain private data like saved passwords?
    I am not an expert on this topic, however I would be very shocked to find any private data in the ROM (Read Only Memory). Those files should be what came on the phone when you originally unboxed it, before you added any info to it.
    yep.
    If you are gonna copy Versa from ROM please copy all of the prcs in it. They could come in handy
    Thanks!
    I dont understand why you would want to put this crap on your 755p. That version of versamail is better, much quicker.
    The ROM and the Versamail files ARE on this thread, you just have to LOOK for them

Anyway, I want the 4.xx version of VM because I only use VM with my company's server and the newer version syncs oin the background.

I tried it and it installs, but after a reset, the RAM files get overwritten with the ROM files which quite a different behavior that how it typically works.

Palm obviously has VM setup to not allow it to be ran from ROM.

If anyone has sucess, let us know.
    I hope Palm provides this as a free ROM upgrade soon.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    The ROM and the Versamail files ARE on this thread, you just have to LOOK for them .....
    Holy email programs Batman!
    yep.
  16.    #36  
    can someone please just post the thread then where you found them?
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    can someone please just post the thread then where you found them?
    It's in Post #14 of this thread.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18.    #38  
    link started working again.. has anyone been able to get the files to work on the 755? I install the files but when I reset the phone it tells me there's an older version and to reinstall.
    Last edited by syphex; 10/23/2007 at 06:48 PM.
    Mine comes up with an error message about VM being overwritten. But the message goes away before I can read it. And About says it's 3.5.4. ????
    Matty
    no luck here.... I get a database version error when I run it.
    yep.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast