Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looking for the best buy on a 4GB or higher MicroSD card. Just going from a 700p to a Centro and looking for a good buy on a card. Anyone know the best place to purchase one.
  2.    #2  
    Also any recommendations on the best brand to buy?
    Just make sure you avoid Lexar like the plague. Very problem prone and unreliable.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad am i View Post
    Looking for the best buy on a 4GB or higher MicroSD card. Just going from a 700p to a Centro and looking for a good buy on a card. Anyone know the best place to purchase one.
    Saw this posted somewhere else looked like a pretty good price to me:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...bosnation0e-20
    if you dont mind waiting for the shipping, the best place to buy cards from are geeks.com, buy.com, sometimes supermediastore.com, newegg.com.
    $48 shipped after $5 pricegrabber rebate from a couple pricegrabber store fronts:
    http://computers.pricegrabber.com/fl...ype=bottomline
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    This looks like a good deal too and it comes with a USB card reader. Remember that older readers can not read HC cards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
    I ended up getting this Kingston 2gb from Amazon for $21.99 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-2GB-m...bosnation0e-20

This one actually ships from Amazon in case there's a problem. The others posted ship through other dealers and you have to deal with them if there's a problem.
    I got the 6GB Class 4 card from Amazon that comes with the USB card reader. $30 off with their credit card deal.
    Can the Centro read 6gb cards?
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    I got the 6GB Class 4 card from Amazon that comes with the USB card reader. $30 off with their credit card deal.
    nsx,

Please let us know if the full 6gb is read in the Centro when you get it!
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    i thought it only went up to 4GB
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    i thought it only went up to 4GB
    I'm hoping that, like the 680, 700 and 755, SDHC support is included. At the time they were preparing the Centro, the largest card available was 4GB. If SDHC is included, then 6GB might be okay.

Besides the size, I believe most 4GB cards are class 2 (Kingston is an exception). The 6GB cards are class 4 and there's a class 6 on the way from Kingston.
    SDHC goes up to 32GB. The Centro will read SD cards up to 32GB in size. 8GB Class 4 microSDHC cards are also available. The price is about $130 shipped compared to $80 shipped for the 6GB.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    SDHC goes up to 32GB. The Centro will read SD cards up to 32GB in size. 8GB Class 4 microSDHC cards are also available. The price is about $130 shipped compared to $80 shipped for the 6GB.
    Thanks for that info. Can you point a direction to the 8gb cards?
    6GB MicroSDHC and Centro do not seem to mix. Someone (I believe Dieter) was able to get the Centro to see a 4GB MicroSDHC, so I decided to try a 6GB chip. All the Centro sees is ~1.7 GB.

YMMV.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    never heard of 6gb microsd cards before...

then again, so it doesnt work anyway. so im sticking with a 4gb then.
    What do you mean it can read a sd card up to 32GB. Do they exist yet? Does that mean it can or can't write to them. That would be amazing to have that kind of storge. I don't expect to fill a 2GB but it's interesting to see where things are headed.
    The Centro won't read any SD cards. It will read microSDHC cards of 4GB for sure. There has been a report that the Centro only recognizes 1.7 gb of a 6gb microSDHC so be wary of getting anything beyond 4gb microSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Thanks for that info. Can you point a direction to the 8gb cards?
    The 8GB cards aren't due to hit the market until middle of next year. But in any case, we may be maxed at 4GB, unless another brand of card will work.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast