Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Who's gonna blow $120 bucks and experiement with the 8GB card? Someone must have some cash burning a hole in their pocket...
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Link?
    Still a little rich for my blood since the the 6gb card is under $80 on Amazon. I have a 4 now and want to justify puchasing this card but I cant right now. Let me have another beer or two and I might just do it....

Muff
    i did a 2 gig card with an sd adapter and usb reader for 16.9x(using $10 discount for signing up and using google checkout)
    My 6GB card works great. Card Info reports the wrong size but it's just a reporting error. The card holds the correct amount and the phone has no trouble accessing everything.
    nsxprime: Thank you for the information. Did you format using the Centro, or through you computer?

I have a 6 gig card on order and will post once I get it and start using it.
    Formatted on my laptop.
    Can you provide the proper string/run command? I know it's posted somewhere around here but very obscure to find ('cause I already tried to search for it).
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    fyi... On backorder for both
    Yeah, looks like SanDisk is shipping to retailers in early November.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    My 6GB card works great. Card Info reports the wrong size but it's just a reporting error. The card holds the correct amount and the phone has no trouble accessing everything.
    What brand 6gb card do you have? SanDisk?

Here's what I'm trying to decide between:

6gb SanDisk with reader on Amazon - $81.36 w/ free shipping

4gb SanDisk with reader via Amazon affiliate - $46.59

4gb Kingston (no reader?) via newegg - $49.45

Anybody know if there is any major difference in read/write speeds between these?
    I got the Sandisk
    What does Card Info report?
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Wonder if File-z would see everything
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    What does Card Info report?
    Something like 1.7GB, I don't remember. It doesn't matter at all though. The card works and the Centro reads and writes to it. It's simply an error in the reporting of the size.

thats awesome news. i could definitely live with that.
    Sorry for the elementary question, but someone explain the class system for SD cards and which work on the Centro? Also, I have always used Lexar and someone said there was a problem. Thoughts?
    From Wikipedia:

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed on to empty SDHC cards:

* Class 2: 2 MB/s
    * Class 4: 4 MB/s
    * Class 6: 6 MB/s

SD Card Association specs.
    Lexar is pure junk.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast