Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by manfred View Post
    Right. It didn't protect. Of course, I ordered Seidio protectors as soon as I brought the centro home, just in case. Too late, however.
    Man that blows. Let us know after you attempt to return it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Man that blows. Let us know after you attempt to return it.

Good Luck
    UPDATE: I went to a local Sprint store, and the sales professional said that the phone would need to be replaced. Since I have insurance, it would cost me $55 since the damage is "cosmetic".

Now I'm p*****. The phone is a week old. I am going to try a different store.
    raise a stink, definitely. it's a warranty issue if you're telling the truth. Call Palm too. I've been playing sudoku like a fiend with the stylus and haven't had any screen issues. I'm a big stylus person in general to the point I wore out the included plastic cover on the 700 while waiting for my screen protectors to come in.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    UPDATE: I went to a local Sprint store, and the sales professional said that the phone would need to be replaced. Since I have insurance, it would cost me $55 since the damage is "cosmetic".

Now I'm p*****. The phone is a week old. I am going to try a different store.
    Now that really blows.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    UPDATE: The store of original purchase replaced my Centro, no questions asked. It was within 30 days of purchase. I immediately put a Seidio screen protector on the new phone.
    UPDATE: The store of original purchase replaced my Centro, no questions asked. It was within 30 days of purchase. I immediately put a Seidio screen protector on the new phone.

Good news manfred.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I don't know what screen protector came factory installed, but it did not protect my Centro from screen damage. I had a Shieldzone protector on my 755p and had no problems. With the Centro, where the solitare deck is located, I have a small area of damage from tapping the area. I guess I will try to get the store to replace.
    Legalbeagle
    The whole concept of a "permanent" screen protector is flawed. What a ridiculous claim to make. There's no such thing as un-scratchable, as members have reported here, so the "permanent" screen protector stays in place, and the whole Centro has to be replaced. I write advertising copy, and no client I work for would ever make such a claim - and if they did I'd edit it out!

The point of a screen protector is that it's expendable. Scratch it, change it. Simple enough. If the "permanent" protector were replaceable, it'd make more sense. But then it wouldn't be permanent, would it? I stand by my advice to use a (NON-permanent) screen protector, and I even took my own advice.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    Anyone tried Invisible Shield?

(http://www.invisibleshield.com/smart...alm/centro.php)

Strength test:

( )

( )
    I am about to get a Centro and a Krusell Cabriolet leather case.

The case has a plastic screen which sits across the LCD. As such, I would imagine it serves the same role as a screen protector.

Is a screen protector redundant if you have a case like this? I would assume most people carrying phones in their pockets, with keys etc. do not have a case or are using some form of case in which the screen is otherwise exposed.

I don't want to reduce the clarity or touch-sensitivity of the screen if this can be avoided, but obviously don't want to scratch it either.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by lewko; 04/28/2008 at 11:23 PM.
    I use this:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=868

It doesn't reduce screen sensitivity. It's hard plastic so the stylus touches aren't really absorbed. It also is totally smooth so your stylus can slide around the screen like it isn't there.

The downside is that it is not glare reducing (neither is Invisible Shield). You need a matte finish screen protector for that.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234