Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
  1. #21  
    Like the people that put BSE's on their product before putting it in a case? So if you scratch their preinstalled one, you have to send it in to be serviced, taken apart, screen replaced, shipped back to you? Could you walk into any Sprint store and have a tech replace it in 5 minutes? How much would that cost? No thanks. I'll do the belt and suspenders approach as long as a crystal clear one doesn't adversely affect the screen quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    It's actually a factory-replaceable screen protector similar to some third-party ones you see on the market now. It is not really noticeable, when using Centro. Applying another screen protector to the Centro would basically be like installing two on the screen.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Any plans for a high-capacity battery for the Centro?
    We are not planning on designing anything for the Palm Centro...HA HA kidding. Yes, we will have a full line of Palm Centro products available soon!

    Thanks
  3. #23  
    you should've sold it better. could've said something along the lines that it will be EOL'd in six months and didn't want to invest the R&D for a product with such a short lifespan.

    seriously though, any kind of time frame till other accessories are available?
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We are not planning on designing anything for the Palm Centro...HA HA kidding. Yes, we will have a full line of Palm Centro products available soon!

    Thanks
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4. #24  
    I wonder since they tell you don't need a screen protector, then if it does get scratched then you could get either sprint or palm to replace as defective. Just tell them you told me I didn't need one.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    until you scratch it. Nothing is 100%. Then you're screwed.

    Buy them cheap at Deal Extreme so if you mess up once or twice, you don't care. You wasted less than $2.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Like the people that put BSE's on their product before putting it in a case? So if you scratch their preinstalled one, you have to send it in to be serviced, taken apart, screen replaced, shipped back to you? Could you walk into any Sprint store and have a tech replace it in 5 minutes? How much would that cost? No thanks. I'll do the belt and suspenders approach as long as a crystal clear one doesn't adversely affect the screen quality.
    I'm curious if it's made out of similar material as the ShieldZone ones... Then I wouldn't worry about another screen protector.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  6. #26  
    ShieldZone screenprotectors look awesome, anyone here used them before? and i hope they come out with one for the centro soon. of course i have to buy a centro first, no stores near me have them yet
  7. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #27  
    I have a Sirius Stiletto that I put a shieldzone full body protector on and I can tell you that it totally rocks. I have never used anything like it before and I have to say it is the best thing that I could have done for the device. I hope they come out with one for the Centro very soon!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I have a Sirius Stiletto that I put a shieldzone full body protector on and I can tell you that it totally rocks. I have never used anything like it before and I have to say it is the best thing that I could have done for the device. I hope they come out with one for the Centro very soon!
    sweet, i've been contemplating getting one for my sony dsc-n1 dig. cam. and i was wondering how well they worked. of course the website makes them look awesome (i love the video of them trying to poke the pen through) also, if you have the screen protector, does it collect fingerprints? just curious, my camera collects them like crazy since it's all touch screen.

    thanks much
  9. #29  
    I just checked on the ShieldZone site. Looks good. Interesting product.
    I used G2's for years, then gave up on screen protectors all together.

    Tks for the idea.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  10. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    sweet, i've been contemplating getting one for my sony dsc-n1 dig. cam. and i was wondering how well they worked. of course the website makes them look awesome (i love the video of them trying to poke the pen through) also, if you have the screen protector, does it collect fingerprints? just curious, my camera collects them like crazy since it's all touch screen.

    thanks much
    I have no issues with fingerprints (to tell you the truth I have not thought about them until you asked - that should be a testament to how good their product is) on the device. The invisibleshield I have on my Stiletto does cover the screen along with the whole device (including batteries and covers)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    you should've sold it better. could've said something along the lines that it will be EOL'd in six months and didn't want to invest the R&D for a product with such a short lifespan.

    seriously though, any kind of time frame till other accessories are available?
    Seidio is working on a full line of accessories for Treo Centro. It includes screen protector, stylus, holster, super thin rubberized case, batteries and more, if you would like to be notified when they are released, please send an email to Centro@seidio.com.


    Seidio
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio is working on a full line of accessories for Treo Centro. It includes screen protector, stylus, holster, super thin rubberized case, batteries and more, if you would like to be notified when they are released, please send an email to Centro@seidio.com.


    Seidio
    Hmm I remember you guys having a similar address but with the 755p and I did send an email and I was never notified of any products. Anyway glad you guys are making accessories soon for the centro. I plan on getting one soon and want a clear silicon case.
    diane
  13. sotx's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #33  
    I was in my car and the phone fell from the seat to the floorboard, (1ft drop) I can't believe it cracked!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I have no issues with fingerprints (to tell you the truth I have not thought about them until you asked - that should be a testament to how good their product is) on the device. The invisibleshield I have on my Stiletto does cover the screen along with the whole device (including batteries and covers)
    hey thanks peridoc, i just got the centro a few days ago, i just emailed c/s at shieldzone to find out when/if their gonna come out with them for the centro. i'll post up here when they get back, if anyone's interested.

    kevin
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We are not planning on designing anything for the Palm Centro...HA HA kidding. Yes, we will have a full line of Palm Centro products available soon!

    Thanks
    Please Please, pretty please with sugar on top, make an extended battery that will fit in the current battery door. The entire purpose of buying a smaller phone is just that, because it's smaller. I want the Centro, but I need battery life - but I don't want that big fat door!

    There has to be a way.... where's the icon with folded hands begging??
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    It's actually a factory-replaceable screen protector similar to some third-party ones you see on the market now. It is not really noticeable, when using Centro. Applying another screen protector to the Centro would basically be like installing two on the screen.
    see, the problem is that "built-in" protector (if any), won't be easily replaceable by us anyway, so if that got scratched, what do we do?
  17. #37  
    I can assure you it will not be user replaceable. They really shoehorned allot into a little. Just getting the screen out of the device to me close to 10 min with disassembly . There is protective heat absorbing layer between the screen/keyboard and motherboard which makes it comes out as one bonded piece. Just get insurance(TEP recommended but ESRP would cover this) and you should have no issues getting it replaced if it scratches or breaks. Can't speak for the rest of the world but if screen damage inhibits operation of the device it will be covered(at least in my service center). Just don't get it wet.

    Muff
  18. #38  
    Sotx: I'm sorry to hear that about your screen getting cracked! That really sucks!

    I was reading Ryan Kairer's Centro review over at Palm Infocenter this morning and someone in the comments section asked him about the installed screen protector. Ryan replied:

    "Thanks 4s, as far as I can tell there is no special screen protector applied on the exterior or over the display. It's seems like the same standard plastic screen as on other Treo's. I haven't had an issue with the Centro scratching so far but I haven't been abusing it too much. "
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Sotx: I'm sorry to hear that about your screen getting cracked! That really sucks!

    I was reading Ryan Kairer's Centro

    "Thanks 4s, as far as I can tell there is no special screen protector applied on the exterior or over the display.

    Well apparently this person hasnt' taken one apart like Muffnician has. That reviewer should see Muffnician's comments above.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  20. #40  
    Well apparently this person hasnt' taken one apart like Muffnician has. That reviewer should see Muffnician's comments above.
    I don't know how I missed that post! Duh! Sorry!
    Yep, if Muffnician took one apart, he should know.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions