1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Looking at the spec of the Centro - what's the perceived advantage or added value for a user to pay the extra to get a 7XX model device?

What is the differentiation between the two - I haven't been following palm much for a while and don't quite saw what added value you get for the extra money (besides a slightly bigger keyboard)?
    The only advantages, if you can call them that, are a larger battery and screen. Everything else is the same. The Centro has a better software bundle with it, and overall is just a better value.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I've seen comments and a review that data is faster on the Centro. Blazer's the same version, but is more quicker on the Centro in displaying web pages than the 755p. Check out this review comparison between the Centro and 755p (look at the multimedia review part):

http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...6.html?rfp=dta

Wonder if Palm solved its memory issues?
    more quicker?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Be nice Crogs. ;-)

I think he was only trying to say "improved latency and hence response times on loading pages".
    all in fun. I was chuckling when I read it. He made his point more better that way

And while we don't have the internal specs, I think the chipset in the Centro is different than the 700 series so any deficiencies caused by it with the POS should be cured and thus a more efficiently run albeit aged POS.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Agreed.