Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Mundu_4_Installer_Build_11046.prc

That's what I was trying.. It's supposedly the latest Centro version.

On another note, I've been using IM+ since about noon. It's is not half bad! I hated it and ranted about it frequently back around version 2.3, but version 3.0 looks and works very decently. It's reconnecting about 10 times an hour (have it set to make a noise on connect) but it is at least reconnecting, and seems to do so pretty consistently.

I'm using with Jabber SSL right now, no major problems, just the reconnects, using about 7.5% battery/hr (compared to about 4%/hr with Verichat previously).

Going to try separate msn/yahoo/aim tomorrow and see how things compare.
    can someone post the prc for the version that works on 755? I emailed them & they never responded.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Mundu_4_Installer_Build_11046.prc That's what I was trying.. It's supposedly the latest Centro version.
    Actually, I tried qualifying that build on my 680 and tossed it... to many state problems with contacts, for which I did some debugging with them and I'm expecting a newer build to help address that soon. I've since gone to an earlier build of the same chain, build 10895, and had *much* better results. I'd be happy to email it if you PM me with somewhere to send it.
    On another note, I've been using IM+ since about noon. It's is not half bad! I hated it and ranted about it frequently back around version 2.3, but version 3.0 looks and works very decently. It's reconnecting about 10 times an hour (have it set to make a noise on connect) but it is at least reconnecting, and seems to do so pretty consistently.
    Yeah... I've installed 3.0 and will give it a try. But so far I'm really not that impressed. One thing I actually *do* like is that it has timestamps in the chat session. I like the sound features better than Mundu, too.

Things I don't like? That gets a list:

• UI wastes gobs of space. Very little room to actually chat.
    • No configurablity in chat window
    • Can't use [enter] to send message
    • Chat sessions vanish after re-opening app. Makes it difficult to continue a thread when you can't easily see them later...
    • Session controls are clumsy. I can click a tab if I can see it... there's that silly pull-down list (pick one!). Oh, and then there's the pop-up at the bottom if a new message appears. Funny how Mundu managed to do all three with one control that works consistently...
    • no apparent support for group conferencing

I'm using with Jabber SSL right now, no major problems, just the reconnects
    Too bad it doesn't do TLS, or I might actually be able to use it with Oracle Instant Messenger. Mundu doesn't do this either, of course, but I was looking for things to help IM+ stand out.

IM+ may work but it annoys me.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Try Causerie. Other than the fact it is slow to enter and exit the app, it has worked very well for me for about a year.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Yeah... I've installed 3.0 and will give it a try. But so far I'm really not that impressed. One thing I actually *do* like is that it has timestamps in the chat session. I like the sound features better than Mundu, too.

• UI wastes gobs of space. Very little room to actually chat.
    • No configurablity in chat window
    • Can't use [enter] to send message
    • Chat sessions vanish after re-opening app. Makes it difficult to continue a thread when you can't easily see them later...
    • Session controls are clumsy. I can click a tab if I can see it... there's that silly pull-down list (pick one!). Oh, and then there's the pop-up at the bottom if a new message appears. Funny how Mundu managed to do all three with one control that works consistently...
    • no apparent support for group conferencing

Too bad it doesn't do TLS, or I might actually be able to use it with Oracle Instant Messenger. Mundu doesn't do this either, of course, but I was looking for things to help IM+ stand out.

IM+ may work but it annoys me.
    Yep, I agree on most of these points. ESPECIALLY the enter key, that's really annoying. BTW, the UI isn't quite so bad if it's registered, there's no scrolly thing at the top. I found my REALLY OLD beta key and ran it through their key reset on their website and it worked. Didn't expect that. So I'm going to keep looking, but at least I have a usable solution.

I'll keep an eye on Mundu.. Although I didn't really see much differences between it and IM+ overall.. Both have their quirks, both waste space, etc. I might try the next Mundu that releases. Going backwards sounds silly, although I suspect the differences are very minor.

BTW, today at work I ran for 2:15, only dropped 13% battery. That's not bad! And only 5 reconnects. This was with MSN/Yahoo/AIM separately connected. Seems Jabber reconnects more often... I'm going to try lowering the keepalive, currently it's at 3 minutes. I'll see how lowering it affects battery and reconnects.

Major problem with reconnects is last night I was getting 'em so often AIM started blocking me. Maybe my Jabber server has a way to 'proxy' the connection.. so even if the Jabber client disconnects, the individual IM's remain open.. I'll have to look into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Try Causerie. Other than the fact it is slow to enter and exit the app, it has worked very well for me for about a year.
    When I switched to Causerie from Verichat, it was a godsend. I no longer had reset problems on my 650 and it worked pretty well. Sure, it was no Verichat, but the developers seemed pretty responsive. A year later, with no new releases or enhancements I thought differently. By then I was on my 680 and switched to Mundu, mostly because trying Verichat was useless since it was going to die (has died!).

If Causerie was still getting any attention from it's developers, then I might consider it an alternative. But with some issues that will never ever be addressed, I prefer to switch to something where folks are actually doing work on the product.
    interestingly enough.. i signed on 10 minutes ago after not being able to sign in for a few days.

hmm i wonder whats going on? =P
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    When I switched to Causerie from Verichat, it was a godsend. I no longer had reset problems on my 650 and it worked pretty well. Sure, it was no Verichat, but the developers seemed pretty responsive. A year later, with no new releases or enhancements I thought differently. By then I was on my 680 and switched to Mundu, mostly because trying Verichat was useless since it was going to die (has died!).

If Causerie was still getting any attention from it's developers, then I might consider it an alternative. But with some issues that will never ever be addressed, I prefer to switch to something where folks are actually doing work on the product.
    I agree with you on the lack of Causerie updates. I don't mind paying the annual fee, but if they are hoping to keep customers, they really need to continue developing the product. That being said, it is the next best thing to Verichat at the moment, and I will probably renew unless something more attractive comes along.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    interestingly enough.. i signed on 10 minutes ago after not being able to sign in for a few days.

hmm i wonder whats going on? =P
    It is working. This is very odd. Someone must have accidentally plugged it back in.

Maybe one of the Nokia managers was using it ;-)

I'll use it until it goes dark again. Yay! Thanks for the tip!
    haha yeah, hopefully someone just plugged it back in and it stays that way
  12.    #32  
    Yep, still up.. I'm not getting my hopes up yet. But it's good stuff.
    mine still doesnt connect.

well it connects..but the buddy icon on the top right stays there with the X and then after about 5 minutes it says "can not connect to the aim network" or something like that.
    dport: uninstall and reinstall. had this problem before
  15.    #35  

[*]Can't use [enter] to send message
    Fixed in 3.1 btw
    I had Verichat working until Thursday 6/Dec/2007. That was the last time I was able to use it.

Has anyone had it working since then??? It seems that this time they have shut down the servers forever. NO MORE SUPPORT it seems.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by concerti View Post
    I had Verichat working until Thursday 6/Dec/2007. That was the last time I was able to use it.

Has anyone had it working since then??? It seems that this time they have shut down the servers forever. NO MORE SUPPORT it seems.
    I think mine was off on 12/7 but not sure..
    verichat seems to be working perfectly fine for me. Signed in with one AIM SN on my treo and signed on with another SN on my laptop and tested going both ways. sending and receiving worked fine. is it still working for anyone else?
    just started working again today... 12-11-07
    yep for me too.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast