Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious, anyone considering the switch to the centro?
    I'm thinking about it. If the Centro really is a 755P in a smaller package then yeah. I can sell my 755P and get enough to buy a Centro w/o new service AND some accessories.
    I'm not downgrading my soft touch 755P for the plastic toy shell >.<
    I am planning on getting one for my wife. I keep my 755.

George
    it was pretty nice when I saw it at the sprint store yesterday. It was kinda toy'ish and didn't like the stylus but it was nice and small. Im not upgrading since I like my 755p but I do think its pretty nice.
    Last edited by syphex; 10/15/2007 at 02:25 PM.
    no thanks...screen is too small and so is the keyboard.
    I'm definitely interested in the smaller form factor. My 700p, compared to an increasing number of other smartphones, looks & feels like a brick.

Of course, I'm on Verizon... so I'll have a much longer time to think about it. You Sprint users can tell me how much better your Centro III is by the time I can get a 755p
    Just ordered one from the sero plan coming from a 750 I played with the centro yesterday at a local sprint store and loved the form factor and how small it felt.

Fred
    Picked one up for my wife today. She loves it. I wouldn't swap my 755p for it, but if I was getting one today having come from a 600, 650, or feature phone, I would get one. I am putting together my "essential freeware" list for the Centro and so far it every 755p app that I tried has worked.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    considering it, if I can get a good deal on it thru Retentions

If it does the same thing as my 755 and is smaller, why not?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I must be the only person in the world looking for a larger Treo. If the damn things get any smaller, I'm going back to a pen and notepad and a Jitterbug cell phone.
    I switched, but have my 755P as a backup.

My rationale was that I prefer black, liked the smaller form factor, and want to support palm.

It only took me about 15 minutes to get my MS Exchange up, Slingbox Mobile working, and my wallpaper ready.

The stylus is indeed a joke, and feels more like a toothpick for Terry Thomas than an actual pen - but I'm sure there will be plenty of after market options soon enough.

Everything is working great, and I don't mind the smaller keyboard too much.

Cheers -
    Larry
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    I've looked everywhere to try and find if there are any differences between the 755s version of Versamail and that on the Centro. Any insight, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I'm thinking about it. If the Centro really is a 755P in a smaller package then yeah. I can sell my 755P and get enough to buy a Centro w/o new service AND some accessories.
    How are you going to get over $400 for your 755? I'd sell mine tomorrow (or actually Nov. 4th for the red) if I didn't have to pay any difference.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I have accessories that go with it...
    Won't trade "full size" keyboard for the baby-finger kens on the Centro. And I'm not sure what's the big deal with the improved multi-media capabilies when the screen's so small you can't see the videos.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    I am planning on getting one for my wife. I keep my 755.

George
    I concurr. My 755p is the shiznit and I hate small phones.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Radar View Post
    I must be the only person in the world looking for a larger Treo. If the damn things get any smaller, I'm going back to a pen and notepad and a Jitterbug cell phone.
    cheers!!! read my signature....
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    No way would I DOWNGRADE to a smaller screen and keyboard :-o

I think it's great that a cheaper model has come out for the person just not able to afford a more expensive phone that they do not need.

I NEED my phone and all the screen and keyboard function I can get.
    In the process of converting to the Centro now.

Cons: Worse stylus, no Butler LED control yet, smaller LCD by 0.2", dimmer keyboard backlighting

Pros: Better earpiece, better speakerphone, less buggy OS, better size, better SD card format, spacebar toggles speakerphone even with the touchscreen disabled, much better backlight control during calls, better multimedia performance, more user-available RAM, lighter weight, keyboard backlight actually turns off during calls, better camera, one more thing:

PXA CLOCKER FREAKING WORKS!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast